Thursday, April 16, 2009

{just as I am}

Of course, I would be bare faced, with my hair up, fresh out of the tub when I saw that I had been tagged to take a picture of myself, just as I am. The rules: Take a picture of yourself right now. No primping or preparing. Just snap a picture.Load the picture onto your blog.Tag some people to play along.

Naturally, I did as I was told. Here is the picture I snapped. I know, I look mad right? That's just my face folks. Seriously. Okay, so maybe when I took this picture, I was/am a little tired and tilting my head down enhances the mean girl look, but to be honest, I was just born with the tired/heavy eye lid look (if only I looked as seductive as Diane Lane). When I was a teenager, I used to wonder why random strangers would scowl at me or give me a dirty look, and I then realized it was probably because it looked like I was giving them a dirty look! I've since learned to keep my eyes open a little wider and lift my eyebrows ever so slightly so that my scowl doesn't peek through, but at the end of the day, this is me. Just as I am.
I tag any of you who haven't done this. :)

7 comments:

cathycan said...

OMG, compare Barry's "Joker" pic to this one and you will see the wonder of genetics!! haha
Don't worry honey, someday you can get a brow lift but I think you are beautiful all the time and forever!

Ashley said...

i have the same thing only i always look sad!!!! it's annoying.. well, i still think you look purddy :)

Desiree said...

You are brave!!! I don't care how many people tagged me to do this-I wouldn't do it! You look great by the way with no make-up:)

Jennifer T. said...

I always look mad, too. I think my problem is my eyebrows, though.

Recently found your blog and I love it!

lifeinredshoes said...

Took you up on the tag! Come visit.

Chris and Logan said...

Haha, it's funny how we perceive ourselves. I think you are gorgeous!
Yes, we do need to do our chairs...it looks like you've been working on yours, it's so cute! I am just a slacker, I knew once we were done with class I would have a hard time getting it done. Let me know when you want to get together though.

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

You are gorgeous Shan. Seriously.