Saturday, April 18, 2009

{Hes going the distance.Hes going for speed.}

Reluctantly crouched at the starting line,
Engines pumping and thumping in time.
The green light flashes, the flags go up.
Churning and burning, they yearn for the cup.
They deftly maneuver and muscle for rank,
Fuel burning fast on an empty tank.
Reckless and wild, they pour through the turns.
Their prowess is potent and secretly stearn.

Hes going the distance.Hes going for speed.
-Cake
We woke up early this morning and made our way downtown to cheer for the Fooze, who ran in the Salt Lake 1/2 Marathon today!
There was even a lady ringing a cow bell.
More cowbell please!

Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers was there too. (Doesn't it look like him?)
It wasn't long before we saw my brother coming around the corner! He's such a great runner- seroiusly, he runs with such ease- like a gazelle. Notice the guy in the red next to him? His face has runners envy all over it.
Great job Bar! We're really proud of you!

9 comments:

Mands said...

What great pictures! He looks like he is actually enjoying it. Fun fun! I love the cowbell lady. I grew up playing soccer and one of the Moms would always bring her cowbell and ring it when we scored. I love the cowbell ladies sweater, too. hee hee

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

That is so great. Good job Barry! I swear, everywhere I turn people are running these 1/2 marathons! There are too many very motivated people in this world!!! (Or maybe, not enough, if they are like me!!!) That is seriously so awesome and I really look up to those that can run that distance!

Karlie said...

Awesome.

lifeinredshoes said...

He doesn't even look winded! I have always had runners envy, with no energy to back it up.
Way to go Bar!

Barry Cann said...

Oh, Shan, you're too kind! I felt great there when I saw you guys! It was a few more miles down the road that the fatigue started to really set in... :)

kelly said...

props to the lady with the cowbell

Zak Day said...

In that second to last picture it looks like your brother was going to lay that guy out. Did he!? Wish there was a video for it... Funny!

BECKY said...

Wow, fabulous action shots! No blurries at all!

As for the orange lamp, I can't lie... I'm not digging that one. The rest of your stuff you post I like.

Scott and Lindsey said...

He's all alone (all alone!) in his time of need.

How much did I love the Fashion Nugget Album when I was 20? Sooo much!