Wednesday, April 15, 2009

{getting my craft on}

Last weekend, I took the bed that was in our second bedroom to my mom's house. It was, after all, her bed frame & mattress (she paid for it!), and when my brother got married & took his bed, she was left with an empty room! I've been wanting more space to work on various craft projects, so it worked out perfect!
Now I have a space to sew & upholster!
This is just a small sampling of my fabric collection. I'm addicted. I made the lamp and shade years ago for an Interior Design class & I love it! And of course, the blue chair that I still need to upholster!
This is where I get my upholstery on. These are the current projects I'm working on. The little black and white chair is one that I started from scratch- just a wood frame! I'm almost done (as you can see, I still need to add the back), and when I'm done, I'll post more pictures!
I found the little stool & barrel back cane chair at a thrift store & painted them white. Still deciding on fabric for them.
Here's a close up of some other thrift store finds, I have yet to finish! I haven't decided what to do with the ornate frames (cork board maybe?) and I want to cover the drum shade in a funky fabric to go with the funky orange lamp. Thoughts? Okay, honestly, what do you think about this lamp? I found it at DI, cleaned it up, spray painted it glossy white, and need to re-wire it. Is it funky cool (good) or just funky-grandma with dyed orange hair in a freaky way funky (bad)?
P.S. I'm thinking of doing an upholstery class- anyone interested?

14 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love how funky and eclectic your style is. It works so well together!

{B} said...

I love lamp. :)

Jessica Kettle said...

it's good. all good. love the lamp!

if you upholster, i will come. for shizzle.

Brandon and Michelle Day said...

I just love your style, heck's yeah! You go girl! get your design on!! Glad both people have the room they need now :-)

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all your projects. I really aspire to be like you with your great design eye and your awesome taste! As far as the lamp -- I think it'll be great. I think it could have a grandma feel, if it was placed in a grandma's house. But, coupled with your things, it'll look AWESOME! What a great find! Now, I only wish I lived close so I could come to your upholstery class....so sad. I want to learn that SO bad!

Robster said...

I am pretty sure that you might have one of the cutest craft rooms I've ever seen! Funky, fun, stylish...I just love it!

I vote to keep the lamp...completely funky (in a good way), especially in the right room w the right accessories!

Mrs. Priss said...

LOVING those frames! Even if you just left them how they are, it's adorable!

LipstickOne said...

love your header!

Tai and Joe said...

Yes, yes I am so interested. I have a huge lazy boy that needs help so bad.
Hey, I found the cutest receipe cards on Etsy. I am not very creative and I was wondering with your creative side if you would be able to whip them up? or give me a great idea as how to do them? I'll send you an email.

Clair said...

You are so talented! I’m so impressed with your ability to make anything beautiful! Seriously, I covet your talents. Just call me green.

sohobutterfly said...

SO JEALOUS! That is the perfect little crafty area. You did a great job on setting it all up and making it look purty. I love it!!

I would so be up for an upholstery class if I were in the vicinity. Fun, fun!

Belinda Olsen said...

I would love an upholstery class! I love your style.

paula said...

I think the lamp is rockin. I would love to learn how to uphholster so let me know if you do a class. Also-Royal Bliss is at Liquid Joe's tomorrow night. I won't be going but I thought you might like to know.

cathycan said...

the shade you use will make or break (hehe) that lamp. so choose wisely, my child..