Thursday, April 16, 2009

{cover that thing up!}

So, last year I bought this oven cabinet from my old work, on the cheap! We needed more storage, so I thought, what the heck! Putting it together was a nightmare, but after a coat of paint, I thought it looked great! The only problem was the uncovered "oven hole". I couldn't find any cabinet doors that were the right size to put over it and I didn't want to pay to have any custom made.
A cheap tension rod, some left over fabric, & a simple straight stitch was the final solution!
Before

After
Now I just need to find some cute moulding to go on top and I think it'll be done!

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow, it looks so much better!

katiepaisley said...

That looks amazing! When I started reading it I was thinking to myself, a little curtain would work :) Great job.
You commented on my blog awhile back and I always mean to comment back, but it doesn't always happen. I love your blog and your cute ideas. I can't sew and I am always jealous of those that can, and you have a great eye to go with the great skill.

Jessica Kettle said...

man. your house keeps getting cuter and cuter!! for real. the upholstery. when?

Mands said...

Looks so great! I was just in Home Depot trying to find the right stuff for a frame I'm re-doing and I just saw you C board in the back and tend to make mine really similar to that. You've got talent, GIRL!

Jill said...

Um...you're a decore genius. I need help...

steph anne said...

ooo, I love it!! Very creative!

And I'm definitely loving your blog design! So cute!

Brit said...

You are so creative. You almost make me sick, all these things you come up with.

Way to go!

cathycan said...

OOOH, I love it!!

Barry Cann said...

Excellent idea!

Lisa K said...

Man, I need a little of your creativity in me.

Todd and Jordyn said...

I will pay you to come to my house and re vamp it! You are amazing :)

sohobutterfly said...

Very cute. Great touch!