Thursday, April 2, 2009

{april fools!}

How was your April Fools? Good? Did you get pranked? Or maybe you were the prankster! Well, I love me a GOOD, hilarious, April fools joke! I wanted so badly to prank Andrew first thing in the morning yesterday, but I knew if I started too early, he'd be more suspicious the rest of the day, hence ruining all of the greatest surprises I had in store for him.

Right before noon, I could contain myself no longer though, and called him.
Him: Hey Honey, what's up?
Me: *big sigh* Well...I just got rear ended. Yeah, it's pretty bad. I think it's totaled. I'm just sitting in my car waiting for the police to show up. *another big sigh*
Him: What?! Are you serious? Are you okay?
Me: *trying soooo hard not to laugh* Uh, yeah, I'm okay. But you know the first thing the girl said to me when I got out of the car to see the damage?
Him: Was she rude?
Me: Not really...she said, "APRIL FOOLS!!!"
At this point I was laughing hysterically. He...not so much.


When I got home from work, I went to work on my second prank, "Fauxberry" pie.

On his way home from work, Andrew called to see what was for dinner, and I casually responded, "Oh, I don't know. I'm not really in the mood for anything but pie, so we'll see." I don't think he believed me until he got home and saw that I had something baking in the oven and I was stirring some pink, fluffy stuff (which I told him was the pie topping...you know, kind of like a meringue). He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Are we really having pie for dinner!?" and I simply replied, "Yeah. It just sounded so good!" Then, while he was in the shower, I quickly got the "pie" out of the oven and "frosted" it with the pink fluff. When he got out, I said, "K, let's eat!" He did a double take at the "pie" and then back and me and just shrugged. It wasn't until I dished it up that he realized it was meatloaf with mashed potatoes on top! He ended up loving it and thought it was not only delicious, but it was a great prank!

FYI: The meatloaf recipe I used was delicious! I didn't put it in a pie crust though, and I used instant mashed potatoes (rather than real) and colored them with a little food coloring (instead of adding pured beets) since Andrew hates beets!


The last prank I pulled was by far, the BEST! I could hardly restrain myself from laughing every time I thought about it. Here's what I did....
P.S. This is not for those who have weak stomachs....don't say I didn't warn you!

I bought a full size tootsie roll, unwrapped it, cut it into 3 pieces, and moulded it into......well........this...Yes, my friends, I LOOKS like cat poop, but it's just my sculpting genius. I placed them under the covers on Andrew's side of the bed, and waited. The best part is that when I went to take the picture, our cat had to check out the goods. I think it just makes the picture that much better, don't you?

When we went to bed, I literally had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't laugh. The moment of pure elation happened when Andrew flipped the covers down and saw this. He took a step back, eyes wide and mouth open in a look of shock. Then he looked at me.

I tried to look as surprised as I could and yelled, "Bad cat!", but it came out more like this, "Bad ca-ha-ha-hat!" as I was laughing so hard. It took him a minute to realize that they were faux terds and then he had a good laugh too.

Sorry, honey! I can't wait for next years pranks!

P.S. To read about another genius prank, click HERE!

25 comments:

Brit said...

You are so cute! You gave me a good LOL laugh today :)

I need to do something next year, I was a lame April Fools person this year.

Way to go :)

Kristina P. said...

Love it! I'll be posting about my proank tomorrow, but I made a cake that totally looks like a poppy cat litter box, and took it to work. It was a big hit!

Vintage Soul said...

So funny! Thanks for the laugh.

Ashley said...

hahah that is hilarious! good one!

Karlie said...

Oh, man. Shan. I think we all need to spice up the April fools day like you did. How fun. Andrew is a good sport.

steph anne said...

HAHAHA, thanks for the good laugh! I should try the Tootsie joke on my hubby. I don't know if I could keep a straight face though.

Jill said...

Freaking Genius!

BECKY said...

Nice work! I haven't had a fabulous April Fool's since the BizCo when I pulled like 10 that day. HILARIOUS day, but I found not too many people appreciate a good laff....

The P.D.O said...

we were seperated at birth, i am convinced!! love your humor. you are so bad!!!

alyssa said...

hahaha!!!! I especially love the last too, that is AWESOME!!! How funny for the cat to sniff the "poop"!!!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Those are AWESOME pranks! I might have to steal them for next year!

Tara said...

You're so creative and cute!! I love hearing about the pranks.

Barry Cann said...

Love the poop, sis!

Desiree said...

I love them all! He is so lucky to have such a fun loving wife!

Chris and Logan said...

That is just too funny!! I wish I could have seen Andrew's face!

Andrew said...

Hey all hubbs here. I just want to let you all know I was really mad when I saw the S**T on my bed. Not at Shan but at the cat. And she forgot one small detail. She told me that the cat was under the sheets earlier that day.

Mandi Arrington said...

That is awesome!

Amy! said...

OH my gosh I LOVE YOU!!!! The best part is that he was fine with having pie for dinner because that's what you made... PRICELESS!!!!!! ha.. P.S. LOVE the little takeout boxes in previous post.. SO CUTE!

Cory and Monika said...

You are so creative! I can't stop laughing about the cat poop! So great.

Aubrey said...

Finally! Someone else that appreciates this stupid holiday as much as me!!! I LOVED all your pranks. You are a master mind.

To see what I did to all my friends check this out: http://shaunaclewis.blogspot.com/2009/04/fool-me-once.html

I think I pranked over 50 people. Genius!!!

paula said...

I totally forgot about pranking that day! You are so funny. The cat poop is genius! I need your phone number again so I can call you about Royal Bliss. E-mail me
paugulogs@msn.com

*jimaie.marie* said...

omg this has me laughing SO hard the whole time LOL! you are an april fools GENIUS!

sarah marie p said...

Oh man, this post made me laugh out loud! You are so hilarious! Awesome April Fools day! Love the last joke! It looks right on! Omg, I would have freaked out seeing that on my pillow! Too funny!

irunwithscissors said...

that last prank was awesome! too funny!

prettyface said...

LOL That is freakin hilarious!! I would be the same way.."Bad Ca-ha-ha-hat!!" hahaha

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)