Monday, March 23, 2009

{bring spring indoors}

I guess I spoke too soon when I posted my "Spring Has Sprung!" post. This is what I woke up to this morning...

Apparently Spring is on hiatus. With such a dreadful day outside, I thought I'd bring spring inside with a bright, springy bouquet (given to me by Andrew, which is an entire story in itself) and a pot of wheat grass.

Now all I need are a couple of song sparrows to complete my spring filled living room!

If spring is lacking where you live too, how about bringing the outdoors in by growing some grass of your own? Wheat grass of course! (sheesh, what kind of blogger do you think I am!?) You can find wheat or oat grass seeds at your local nurseries or online, along with soil and a cute pot to plant it in. Naturally, I chose the quick, easy approach. I bought a "cat grass" kit from the grocery store, and instead of planting it in the plastic container it came with, I used this little, white pot from Ikea. Simply mix the soil and seeds together, add water, place in a sunny spot, and in a few days, you'll have a little garden of grass!

12 comments:

The Polka Dotted Owl said...

love it! I also love your living room! By what I can tell you got some style!!!

Clair said...

Yea, what is this white stuff all about! Bring on the spring already!

Jill said...

I LOVE that idea! I just might copy that. Oh how I wish this weather would stop teasing me.

Meg and Alex said...

Pretty flowers! K so I want to make you something from my blogpost but you have to re-read it before I can make you something. Cause you have to post it on your blog too :)

Karlie said...

Cute. Love wheatgrass! Thanks for the idea.

The Stewarts said...

Lovely. Just FYI, I never use dirt with my wheatgrass. I just keep it moist. (Just in case you ever want to plant more and don't have dirt) It's also very good for you, throw a little in a fruit smoothie and you'll never taste it!
I love the cobblestone pathway! Darling!

Meesh said...

I too was not happy to see the snow on the ground...I love your decor!! Will you come decorate my house for me?? Seriously, I need help! :)

Tara said...

I love your flowers! The colors definatly make it Spring.

BECKY said...

Do we get to hear the story of the incredibly gorgeous Spring bouquet? Hooray for Spring!

Amy! said...

LOVE LOVE the grass!! Maybe I will have to grow some of my own.... I have decided I am going to grow Lavender this year :) SO EXCITED!!!! (Please warm up weather so I can do a little gardening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Oh, nothing like live plants to brighten up a space. Love the grass idea. I'm going to do that when I get back home!

LipstickOne said...

love flowers! they just make any space happy.