Monday, February 16, 2009

{valentines weekend}

Friday night we drove down to St. George to spend Valentines weekend in the sun!
We left late, and at 1:00 in the morning, we hit a HUGE snow storm. I wish I would have gotten a picture, but my knuckles were white from the death grip I had on the steering wheel. From Cedar City, to Hurricane, UT we drove about 25 mph, praying over and over again, "Please don't let us slide off the road...please don't let us slide of the road...." I was driving driving because Andrew had been tired, but as soon as we hit the storm, he was wide awake. About 10 miles into the storm, we pulled off and switched. I spent the next hour dictating how he should handle the road, which didn't help the situation! "Andrew, slow down, wait, speed up...are we driving in the middle of the road? Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, did you see that guy slide off? Should we put the chains on?" He finally told me to shut it, and I sat wide eyed, and stressed the rest of the trip. Thankfully, the snow cleared up and turned into rain as we approached St. George. *sigh*
The next morning, we slept in and then ate at JB's (Not our first choice, but every other restaurant was either done serving breakfast or was packed. Chelsea did however, enjoy a 24 hour supply of strawberry topped pancakes, which she will never forget. I should have got a picture. Dang.)
After breakfast we went here....

Then here (natch)...

and saw this (very intense but good!).....

then we ended the night with a fun dinner at the pasta factory (again, wish I would have gotten pictures) after which, we soaked in the hot tub and dared Andrew to jump into the freezing pool. He took our dare, but ended up only putting his foot in, before he shivered and said, "There is no way!" haha
The next day, we ate here...it was a long wait, but definitely worth it!
...and I finally got some pictures! Don't mind Chelsea's crazy eyes. The hot chocolate at the Bear Paw does that to you- it's that good!
And finally, the hubs & I
When we got home, I took a picture of Andrew and his favorite Valentines gift!
He got me the new Britney Spears cd which I made him listen to over and over again on the way home from St. George, while I had my own dance party in the front seat. This was no small feat- It takes mad skills to party like a rock star in the tiny confinement of a passenger seat. Yes, I'm that good!
He also got me a beautiful, white gold band that I had been wanting! It's a little small, so when we get the correct size I'll post pics!
Hope you all had a great Valentines Day!!!

3 comments:

Karlie said...

Ooh, tons of fun! I like how you posted your adventures. Let's see, what holiday is next? Oh, St. Patties Day. You throwin' a party? Don't leave us out.

Mands said...

It sounded like the perfect weekend except for the snowstorm. I have totally been in one of those in that area. So scary! I love that you guys find yummy places to eat out and soak in the hot tub and just chill. YOu are our kind of people!

BECKY said...

Mands said it all... sounded absolutely perfect except the snowstorm. I totally tell my man to stop, go, slow down and stuff and he likewise tells me to shut up! I'm excited for the ring pic!