Wednesday, February 11, 2009

{valentines day for him}

Hey gals! Did you wait till the late minute to buy your man something for Valentines Day? If so, here are a few ideas I came up with to help you out! (Kat, this one's for you!)

What guy doesn't love pizza? Stay in for the night and order (or make) a heart shaped pizza, string up some twinkle lights, and pour a bit of bubbly! Maybe even turn on a Barry White track, you know, to make things a little more sexy!

Another great gift idea are man toys. You know what I'm talking about! No matter how old our guys get, they still love playing with toys! Consider getting him a r/c helicopter he can tinker around with! Even gift cards are great! What man doesn't love playing paintball, riding go carts, or even a round of golf!
If you have time to shop around, look at threadless.com! Their tee's are clever and hilarious!Speaking of funny, if you live in Utah and your man likes Flight of the Conchords, buy him tickets to the show coming up in May!

And last, if you're feeling really creative, make him a coupon book for a free back rub, breakfast in bed, dinner and a movie, etc.
But if none of that sounds like it'll work, there's always that sexy, little, red negligee on sale at Dillards!
Happy Valentines Day!

6 comments:

See Sherm Blog said...

Oh my goodness! You are soooo right about the remote controlled helicopter. Guys love those things. When my dad had heart surgery and was forced to sit at home on the couch for a month, he got one for himself and flew it around the living room. My parents have vaulted ceilings with a ceiling fan and he would see how close he could get it to the fan. He said it entertained him for about 3 days, until he got too close and smashed it into pieces. :-)

Lisa K said...

Joe and I don't like going out in Vday because everywhere is so crowded! So instead, he's making me dinner and I'm making him a dessert (chocolate turtle cheesecake)!

sarah marie p said...

Thanks for all the ideas, Shan! I really like the graphic you included too! CUTE!

Oh, and thanks about the header! :)My mom had saved an old piece of wrapping paper for years and years, then I took a piece and framed it. Then I asked John to do something with it for the blog ... so he scanned it, and added the "Sarah said."

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

What great ideas! Gavin so deserves something. I have been such a slacker lately in the gift-giving area. I think one of these will be just right!

Katy said...

such great ideas! hope you had a wonderful valentine's day!!!

Kat said...

Finally commenting now...
You are so creative! Thanks for the tips, I did the coupon book. And can I say that you are so RIGHT about boys and toys? I don't know where I've been the last 4 years, but since I bought scott his first video game, I've been awakened to how much they love that stuff and need a break from real life. Thanks girl!!