Saturday, January 24, 2009

{sundance}

At the last minute, Andrew, me, Barry, & his roommate Scott decided to head up to the Sundance Film Festival in Park City. It was freezing, but we had a good time walking around, people watching, & trying to spot celebrity's. (We didn't see any. Boo.)
waiting for the shuttle (which came and almost hit me right as i was taking this picture)
notice andrew and barry looking to the right?
collage of movie posters the Egyptian Theater
yes, that would be a furry man thong, complete with a raccoon tail in back (not pictured).
Valentines Day is coming up ladies, and if it gets cold where you are, well, this just might be the purr-fect gift for your man! bow chica oww owwww!
this is where all the celebs have their pics taken
it was only natural, we posed as well
okay, so we went into this ice cream/java cafe to get some hot chocolate and it was packed! After getting something hot to drink, we sat next to this guy who was wearing all pink, so I took a picture on the sly.
me, tired, & waiting for the shuttle
shandrew goofing around
we didn't see any noticeable celebs, however, i am fairly certain i saw the guy that played Kipp in Napoleon Dynamite, but i wasn't quick enough to snap a picture.
p.s.
isn't this shot eerie? it was so foggy (which only happens a handful of times a year in salt lake) but i love it- there's something so mysterious about it.
i took this in front of my parents house after midnight.

7 comments:

Lisa K said...

I was so tempted to take Colton up to Sundance and have him help me find some celebrities. I mean, what celeb couldn't be lured out by his chubby cheeks?

The Smith Family said...

Ooo, fun! My mom is up there tonight at some movie premier?? Lucky duck.
Looks like you guys had fun... but it also looks like you guys were frozen.lol
I think you look like a babe in the picture of you four, posing like celebs!
Shelley

JJ, Mands, Lilly and Lola said...

Okay out of all of the years I lived in Utah and went to the film festival I never once saw a celeb. I just read about it in my People this week and it made me miss Utah and all the excitement around this time. I bet that guy in all pink was someone famous. For sure! Nice shot! Looked like a fun night

Barry Cann said...

Shan, I'm so glad you remembered your camera. :)

Karlie said...

Ooh, yes. Fog is weird stuff, and when it does get foggy here it gets real foggy here.
I had some good times up at the film festival years ago. It is hard to spot the celebs, but they are up there.

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

How fun! I've always wanted to go to that, but never have. Looks like you had a great time!

caitlin said...

I like the nickname Shandrew. The funny thing is that's the first thing I thought when I heard you married an Andrew.

I took tons of foggy pictures too! I loved the fog! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun at good ol' Sundance. Park City is such a fun place to walk around and just take pictures.

Happy Monday!