Wednesday, January 14, 2009

{hoochie walla walla, hoochie bang bang}

Remember these earrings?

Well, I wore them yesterday with my blue H&M shirt & black slacks. Very classy & very business-like, or so I thought. When I stopped by Lowes on my way home from work to grab a lamp wiring kit, the woman at the check out register, looked at them, cocked her head to the side and said, "Oh. Those are...uh, nice earrings ya got there." (You have to say that in a mid-western accent, like a person from Fargo or maybe even Sarah Palin to get the full affect). I looked at her and said, "Um..thank you", wondering if she was complimenting me or trying to offend me, as her tone was a little off. She was older, and I'm guessing she's never worn, nor seen earrings this flashy, because after she said it, she she looked at me and raised one eyebrow, like she was waiting for me to tell her more about them. So I told her, "Yeah, I wore them at my brother's wedding...." and her eyes got all big and she said, "Oh gosh, a wedding? Really?" and reacted as if I said, "Yeah, I wore these with my hooters shirt to my brother's wedding."

I shrugged it off, but then as I walked outside, I wasn't paying attention and almost ran into a man walking in. He was younger, and said, "Hey! Nice earrings!" "Oh, thanks," I said, "They lady in there commented about them too. They're kind of big, so I guess a lot of people notice them."

"Well, they're cool," he said, "Kinda remind me of a rap video or something..."So from now on, if you see me wearing these earrings, please address me as, "Shan-Dizzle" or even "S-Dawg". Yo yo yo...Li'l Kim's got nothin' on me!

9 comments:

alyssa said...

I know all these people that have awkward moments, with random people saying rude or awkward things in public places - I have yet to have this happen to me. That is weird! I LOVE THAT DRESS. where did you get it?

The Sartori's said...

why do employees feel the need to say anything. A bagger once went out of her way to get my attention and tell me my son looked like monkey. I ignored her then called the manager after I left. I was furious. Anything past your baby is cute should be left unsaid.
Your earings rock. Old people are lame.

Jill said...

Uh...yeah, nice earings..."Shan Dizzle." ha ha That's pretty funny! I think they're awesome! Gold's my new favorite color right now. She was just way jealous I'm sure. She probably couldn't pull them off. Lame old bag!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Hahaha. That is really funny. I LOVE the earrings. they are SO cute!

shellie said...

see... there you go again... beautiful.

:)

I love those earrings.

I'd wear them

JJ, Mands, Lilly and Lola said...

I love em! You can wear them with anything. That's so funny that you go so many comments on them in just a few minutes. You got Style Shan-Dizzle!

irunwithscissors said...

ha! thats too funny! I dont know why people feel the need to be rude! If she didnt like them she should have just kept her mouth shut! But who cares! they look awesome, you rock them!

paula said...

The earrings ROCK...or should I say RAP? I love them! I wear lots of big earrings too and I am always amazed the types of comments people say about them...I don't get what the big deal is.
"Oh my gosh-how much do those earrings weigh?" was my personal favorite.

sarah marie p said...

Why you gotta be so dang ganster? I mean, gansta?! I think those earrings are beautiful and that grocery lady is crazypants!