Sunday, December 14, 2008

{ugly sweater party!}

Last week Andrew and I decided to throw our first ever....It went over so well that I think we're going to make it an annual festivity! So friends and family, mark your calendars for next year! Here's a little glimpse of how it went! Thanks to Shelley and her incredible photography skills, we ended up with these shots! And since it was an Ugly Sweater party, we had to take pictures of everyone in their attire!
Here are Cason & Shelley, looking fabulous in their sweaters!
Unfortunately, I couldn't find Andrew an ugly sweater. It doesn't help that I procrastinated until the day of to find one, so we spiced one of his normal sweaters up with some lime green garland.
Tara & Alex took a little trip back to the 80's where they found these sweaters...
...as did Zac and Chelsea
Lol...I couldn't even think of a caption for this picture! It looks like Shane is reacting to someone dissing his sweater while Erin shrugs it off. She knows her sparkly sweater is fabulous!
Kelly and her fuzzy sleeve!
Andrea & Ricco- love the vests!
McCall & Jared forgot to dress up, but we had to post a picture! Jared just got back from 9 months away with the Navy!
Even in ugly sweaters, Aarika & Jared still look fashionable! Barry saying, "Stay sexy Salt Lake City!"
I thought these were the best sweaters of the night! Love the turtle necks!
The food- Shelley's artichoke dip was a hit! She needs to post the recipe!
The white elephant gifts
And some random shots.....
They loved their white elephant gifts!

Balloon Rockets? You decide.

Playing charades....here I am bowing to the Ugly Sweater Gods... (Or maybe I'm trying to be a Polar Bear)









Thanks to everyone for coming! We had so much fun and laughed so hard! We can't wait until next year!!!

22 comments:

irunwithscissors said...

this is awesome! I love the idea of an ugly sweater party! looks like you all had a blast!

kribss said...

what a great idea for a FUN party!

lifeinredshoes said...

Oh! Barry and Chelsea...it hurts my eyes!

The Marquardt Family said...

What fun party! Also your house looks darling! to answer your question I got my stockings at ballard design but it was a few years ago. They still have really cute polka dot ones check out there website! Happy Holidays!

Alex and Tara said...

The party was so much fun! Thanks for having us over

Katie said...

Wow- what a great idea! Wish I had thought to throw one of those! Looks like you all had a blast.

JJ, Mands, Lilly and Lola said...

1. I have always wanted to go to one of these parties. Yours looked like so much fun and the food looked off the hook
2. I think the winner goes to that guy in the vest. love it!
3. I am in love with your lamp with the lime green print. Tell me you didn't make it. I love it!
4. You look really great!

Karlie said...

We are there next year! You know how to throw a party girl!

Meg and Alex said...

looks like lots of fun! Loved everyone's sweaters. Sorry we couldn't make it :( Definetly next year.

caitlin said...

We did the exact same thing last year. I don't remember ever seeing more ugly sweaters in the same room before! We usually try to do a theme each year. Sounds like you guys had a blast.

sohobutterfly said...

Funzles! I totally want to do an ugly sweater party, but I didn't get my act together this year! NEXT YEAR for sure!

BECKY said...

OH MY HECK!!! It looks like it turned out so well.... I'm so glad and I'm quite bummed I wasn't able to make it. Thanks so much for thinking of me though!

I would have to say your sweatshirt is QUITE lovely! And my other fave is the guy in the turtleneck with holly... OH MY HECK!!! TOOO funny!

Merry Christmas! How can you not be merry when you've got a fabulously ugly sweater!

John, Allisha, and Ezra said...

If I copy this idea next year don't be mad! :) This is hilarious! Great idea~

Clair said...

What a fun idea! I love the pictures!

Aubrey said...

I LOVE ugly sweater parties!!!!!!

Katy said...

ah, I am so jealous! i want to throw an ugly sweater party so bad... someday. LOL!!! :-) Looks like it was a blast!

McCall said...

I'm the cutest. Ha. Teasing. I love Chelsea's face in that one of her and Zac and the balloon. Too much!

Talia said...

how fun! Those are some UGLY sweaters. :)
I think I actually like yours, with the cheesy Christmas wreath and all, the best. It's just so tacky! hehe

Chels & Zak said...

What a night of ooo's ahhhh's and haha's. It was a blast. Thanks so much for throwing a great party. Dang we are naughty:)

Ashley said...

awww, haha, looks like so much fun!!!! i'm loving your sweater!

sarah marie p said...

That party sounds like SUCH a good time! I love everyone's sweaters! SO bad it's good! And your wreath is adorable!

Jenn-Lee said...

OK. So that was your party I saw on Shelley's blog! SO fun! I told my hubby about it and I so want to steal that idea for a future year. How fun! You guys looked like you had a blast!