Monday, December 8, 2008

{decorations}

Ah...finally, all of my Christmas decorations are up!

Here is the silver tinsel tree that I got on ebay. I love how it looks with the antique ornaments on it! FYI- if you're looking for a little tinsel tree, try Walmart or Target. They're cheap and look exactly like this one, even though this was listed as an antique....right. Here is our artificial, slim tree. I say artificial, because it sounds so much more posh than fake, don't you think? haha. I'm jealous of all of you who have a real, delicious smelling tree!
Decorations close up

Remember this wreath? I added the glitter card board Merry Christmas sign that I found at a little boutique in Santa Clara. It's only $6 but I bet you could easily make one! Just trace the words on some matt board (make sure they all connect), cut it out, toss a little glue and glitter on it, and voila! You have yourself a Merry Christmas sign!
This is the view from the outside of our little apartment. I got the pre-lit entry way trees at Walgreens for 2 for $30! Love them!

11 comments:

Summer said...

Your apartment looks awesome. I love your decorations.

Shellie said...

I love it. You have great style!

paula said...

I love it! What a cute apartment. I'm wondering where you got the curtains for your french doors. Did you make them? If so...what pattern did you use?

Design Gal said...

Paula,
The roman shades on the french doors were there when we moved in, but I think she just got them at JC Penny's. If you want to learn how to make them, I'll see if I can find my old pattern!

caitlin said...

Love the Christmas stuff! Good job, now I want to pick up those little trees at Walmart.. just wish there was room in our itty bitty aves apartment!

cathycan said...

Sooo Kee-yute!! I want to come over and see it in person! Where did you get the darling Christmas cat in the window?Walmart??

Robster said...

Girl, your decorations are adorable! I love the fun colors, and you have such cute style! Funky, fun, and classic all rolled into one....love it! your blog posts always seem to cheer me up and are full of such fun ideas. and i see snow in those pictures....jealous!

p.s. thanks for the congratulations on my blog....pictures and story will be coming!

p.s. again...if we end up buying this house, i may have to pick your brain for some design ideas. if that's acceptable, of course.

irunwithscissors said...

this is soo cute! I love it all!

sarah marie p said...

Your place looks gorgeous! Love the lights outside and I really want to copy those little trees! The french doors at your apartment reminds me of our place! Love the star outside ... your merry Xmas wreath ... and of course, your trees! Beautiful!

S and E said...

Yeah we LOVE your place!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Your place looks great! It definately has the "designer's touch". I wish mine had that! :) I LOVE the tinsel tree. CUTE!