Tuesday, December 23, 2008

{christmas cards}

One of my favorite things about Christmas (as an adult) is giving and receiving Christmas cards. There is something so thrilling and satisfying about opening an envelope that is not a bill! In college, my friend Laura and I wrote each other letters, for that same reason. It probably would have been easier and faster to email, but it was so fun walking out to the mail box to see a little card or letter waiting for us! There is just something that much more personal about mailing something, especially hand written.

So, thank you to everyone who has sent a Christmas card our way and for giving me that little rush every time I open my mail box!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love receiving Christmas cards too! It does make mail time much more fun. Thanks for yours. It was darling :)

sohobutterfly said...

I agree with you. Real mail is sooooo much better than bills! I loved getting all my Christmas cards this year too! I especially love 'em if they have a picture in them!

Jenn-Lee said...

I too love Christmas cards for that reason. You must have read The Wednesday Letters? I havent yet but it was on my wish list after hanging with the author at a conference in November. Anyhow. I wanted to say hello and welcome you to MOMENTS blog. Thanks you for entering my giveaway! Marriage is special and celebrating those anniversary's are so exciting. Every year! Congrats and hope to see you again! I am excited to check your blog out too! So fun!Merry Christmas!

Aubrey said...

I am THE WORST! I just sent my cards out today. Oops! Better late than never, right? :)

Clair said...

I love the pictures, especially the one in the middle!

Lisa K said...

I absolutely love Christmas cards/letters. I spent about an hour tonight at my inlaws looking/reading all of theirs! I didn't even know those people but enjoyed reading about their lives.

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

I remember that in college. That was really so fun. I am bad and didn't get any cards out this year. Maybe I'll do Valentine cards instead... Thanks for reminding me of that fun memory!