Sunday, October 19, 2008

{weekend review}

I love Utah in the fall. Andrew and I took advantage of the beautiful weather to do a few of our favorite fall activities! There are about 5 or 6 huge pumpkin patches around our neighborhood, and since we didn't' carve pumpkins last year, I made sure we picked out a few to carve this year- plus I've been craving pumpkin seeds and can't wait to roast some!
Andrew found his pumpkin right away. It was the tallest/biggest one in the bunch! I on the other hand, kept changing my mind. I'd pick one up, look it over, and say, "Yep, this is the one!" and then see another that was just a little better. After switching mine out about 4 or 5 times we finally left with 4 pumpkins- 2 to carve and 2 for decorations. Later that night we got together with Steve, Ash, Jed & Missy for dinner at the Blue Iguana. They have the best Mexican food and there is an older Mexican couple there that sing and serenade you as you eat. Andrew and Jed knew the couple so it was fun to chat with them for a little bit.
After dinner we drove up to This Is the Place where they turn the old Pioneer Village into a haunted house. It was really fun and actually really scary! Rumor has it, that some of the houses up there really are haunted! I don't know about the rest of the group, but I was getting a freaky vibe all night!
And last, Andrew and I took a drive up the canyon by our house to see all the changing trees. It was so pretty and such a nice day!

12 comments:

The Marquardt Family said...

what a fun weekend. I love Utah in the fall so beautifiul. It is getting cold here! You guys look great and so happy. I am the same way with pumpkins. Tom bad this year we started off with four pumpkins on our front steps and now we are left with one! People have been stealing them! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I am glad all is well. xoxo

Samantha said...

I love pumpkins and I love carving them!!! And I love your shirt where did you get the whole outfit??? Do tell.

Suzanne said...

Visiting the pumpkin patch is one of my favorite things to do.

Please feel free to use the "found money" idea any way you wish!!! Thanks for visiting my blog.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

Design Gal said...

Sammy,
The outfit is a pair of jeans, a white long sleeve shirt, and the gray/blue tunic shirt is from...Walmart! Seriously, it was only $13 bucks. I found it at the one in Herriman (138th & Bangater). I got the earrings and necklace at JC Penny's when they had their big Columbus Day sale!
Shan

caitlin said...

Sounds like such a fun and festive weekend! I'm jealous!

sarah marie p said...

Yay for fall! The trees look gorgeous! And now I really want to go to a pumpkin patch with my boy! And eat some mexican food. yummmmm.

Ashley said...

those trees are amazing! Beautiful. I so want to go to get a pumpkin now. :)

The Marquardt Family said...

Sorry I have not gotten back to you about the crafts and jewelry thing. You are so sweet you do not need to send me something. I just wanted your ideas. I just feel like I dont have much creativity these days. YOu look so happy and so great. Think if some good ideas for me and email them. thanks babe

Shellie said...

i miss home

Brandon and Michelle Day said...

Utah has a fall?!!?? I missed that part. You know I need to see it through your eyes, because that all just looked no nice. But I have to say, I miss my East Coast Fall. Now THAT is Fall!!! Since I have moved here the past three years, it is just different.

BECKY said...

You look so, so pretty in the armshot in the pumpkin patch!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Shan you are so pretty! All those photos of you are perfect! I am so jealous! :) I think fall is my favorite season... I love going to the pumpking patch, going on a scenic drive, eating roasted pumpkin seeds. You hit the nail on the head with all your activities!