Wednesday, October 8, 2008

{fo realz!?}

Hey! Remember that 5k I'm running in on Saturday? (You would if you read my skinny jeans blog *nudge nudge, wink wink*)
The race I'm probably not 100% ready for, but figure it's just a 5k which is like, what, 3 miles? I mean really, how hard can 3 miles be? Haha he he heh....huh...*nervous laughter*
Oh wait, what's this I hear? It's going to be 45 degrees (the high) and rainy with a good chance of snow? SUPER!
Is there anyone else out there that signed up for this race other than Lisa and I?
I know that running in the cold rain is possible- the proof is in the picture below....don't they look happy?So, I'm still planning on the race. Anyone else who wants to join me, just meet me there. I'll be the one dressed in this...

14 comments:

sarah marie p said...

Goooo Shan! I'm so proud of you! You can totally do this and get major bootie! Can't wait to hear alla bout the race! Hey -- cold sounds way better than hot! Hot weather would make you sooo sweaty you couldn't run and cold weather will keep you going until the finish line. Or something like that. :) Now I'm going to go check out your skinny jeans post!

Mandi Arrington said...

You can do it!!!!!

simplycaitlin said...

"I can't put my arms down!" "You can put your arms down when you get to school."

That's what that picture reminded me of. Good luck on your race!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Good luck, you will do great and you can do it. That really stinks about the crummy weather. Have fun!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Hahaha... LOL! I love that movie! :) Good luck! You are seriously so motivated! I envy you! I need a serious kick in the tush to get going. You'll do great on your run!

Lisa K said...

I'm not 100% ready either. It's hard finding time to run with a baby. Speaking of which....Joe is going hunting this weekend which means I'll have to run pushing the jogging stroller. So if the weather is awful, I'll have to bow out for Colton's sake. So I hope the weatherman is lying!

The Smith Family said...

Hey, Uh, I'll be thinking of you when I'm FREEZING My BUTT off on my RS camping trip. :( We're going to be up in Heber!! COLD COLD COLD!
Good luck with your run... you'll do awesome.
Shelley
PS... Oh, up since your going to probably burn about a million calories on that run, whatda' say to some fried pickles at Ruth's Diner when I get back? Mmm! Don't knock it till you try it! They are DELISH.

Anonymous said...

Good for you Shan!! You will do great!!! On that note....when are we going to dinner?
Andrea

irunwithscissors said...

haha! love it! good luck honey!

April said...

Go Shan!

...love Maegan said...

aahahahahhahah .....best part of that movie!! ...good for you, running that 5K!

Barry said...

Sis, where is your 5k tomorrow? Can I sign up still? I'll run it with you! :)

paula said...

Good Luck! I love the "I can't put my arms down" picture.....ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES! "You can put your arms down when you get to school."

alyssa said...

Ahaha...I love that picture :) Made me laughhhh.