Thursday, October 2, 2008

{blast from the past}

Wednesday night I had dinner in Paradise with an old bestie....Paradise Bakery that is! Sammy and I go way back! We became friends our junior year of high school and our friendship only grew stronger as we entered our senior year.
This girl was my partner in crime! When we turned 18, she was by my side as we ventured downtown to The Bay (does anyone remember that place?) to get our groove on! From boys and school dances, to cruisin' state in my old grannie car, we had each others back! Sammy is the kind of person that makes you feel like the funniest, prettiest, coolest person in the world, and we always had a ton of fun with each other.
When I left for USU the fall after we graduated, we swore we'd keep in touch, but unfortunately we both got busy with our lives and went our separate ways. We'd update one another on how we were now and then, but it had been a long time since we last hung out. We finally made plans to meet up at Paradise Bakery and had a blast talking about our lives, old memories, and old friends. I'm so glad we're back in touch! Here's to more dinners in Paradise!

5 comments:

cathycan said...

hahaha, seems soo long ago! Your hair was so blond! you both looked so cute, was that with Brandon or the boys you met at Dee's? You know the 30 year old high school football player..poor kid, he just looked 30.

Dana P said...

Hey Shannon! It's your FCCLA buddie Dana! :)

I stalk your blog all the time so I hope you don't mind! You do such a great job! Anyway, it is so fun to see pictures of you and Sammy in high school, it seems like so long ago! Next time you see her, tell her I said hi!

Samantha said...

oh man, good times!!! I remember taking all those pictures! Check out my sister's white ride that we took to the Valentines dance!! (haha) Explain to me again why I was holding that large cannon in the picture??? :)Good times and I had so much fun catching up! We MUST do it again soon!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

How fun! I remember you and Sammy always hanging together -- my memory of you two involves all the FCCLA stuff we went to! Good times! It was fun to see all those old pics!

sarah marie p said...

Awww! Yay for old friends! You girls are so cute! I loved seeing all the old school pics! That's so fun you guys got to catch up!