Sunday, September 14, 2008

{state fair}

Saturday night, the sibs all decided to make their way north and meet up at the fair!
(Andrew, Barr, Ty, Steve, Ashlyn, and me!)

It's tradition in our family, to start any fair or carnival by going on the one and only ride that is sure make you sick- the Gravitron! Obviously Ash, Steve, & Ty had no idea what they were getting themselves into. Barry on the other hand, was a little apprehensive.

Andrew was the only sane one and decided to play it safe by waiting outside for us.
This was Ashlyn's first time! I don't think she knew what to expect, but she was laughing hysterically the whole time!
Steve trying to lift his head. (notice the girl next to him that is upside down?)

After the Gravitron, we tried out a few more rides!
And of course, what is a fair without fried foods?
These fried PB&J's were a hit! The line was really long, but they were delicious!
YUMMY!
We also enjoyed some funnel cakes! Barry took the first bite, with Ty's thumbs up approval!

8 comments:

lifeinredshoes said...

OK, those rides scare the Hell out of me, I never trust fair rides!!! The food looks good, of course. Your Mom told me yesterday that she had wanted to go, I told her that next year I'll be her date!

Aubrey said...

Oh my gosh, I love Fair food! So good!!! And I can't believe you guys did the Gravitron. I used to LOVE that ride when I was a little kid. Now...just thinking about it makes me throw up in my mouth a litle. Huuueewww!

Lisa K said...

I'm so jealous you ate a fried PB&J!!!!!

Barry said...

Oh, man! That WAS fun! That fried PB&J was good, too. Thanks, Sis, for the great pictures and great times!

also known as shell said...

Love the gravitron. and thats so cool that its the start to your evening.

Sarah Marie said...

I LOVE the fair! Ok, that's the best idea ever to go on the rides before the food -- i'm such a dork, I don't know why I hadn't thought of that already! I guess cuz I'm so excited about the food, I can't wait to eat it! All the food you guys ate looks sooo good! OH, and yay for bestie blog buddies!

Lindsey said...

It looks like you have something to teach me about the fair. I have never gone on the gravitron? Or eaten some of that fried food.
It looks like you are pro!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

How fun! I should've gone to the county fair this year... but we didn't make it. I don't even know when/where California's state fair is. I ENVY you! All that yummy food and those crazy rides!