Monday, September 22, 2008

{pretty room}

Dear Husband,
Remember how your parents gave us our lovely armoire as a wedding gift, and I have loved it ever since it set foot in our living room? And remember how I said I'd never consider painting over it's knotty alder finish? Well...after seeing this room I've changed my mind. I want to paint it green. Your artsy, french, second cousin, Julien (pictured below) agrees that it would go perfect with our red sofas, making our living room a funk-a-licious haven. Think it over and let me know!
Love,
Your wife

10 comments:

sarah marie p said...

Do it! Julien would be so proud! hehe. I think it would look sooo groovy-cool!!! Love it.

cathycan said...

Ha!! I dont know about the green, yeah, it would be delicious...but will the green be sustainable in the long run?? If it were an OLD armoire I'd say go for it !

Lisa K said...

Love the pic!

Shellie said...

I hope Julien is single.

Paint it! It would look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck!!!! Shannon this is the funniest post I have read!!! I can't stop laughing...HA HA HA HA HA! Tell Andrew he would make a beautifel woman!!!

Design Gal said...

Anonymous,
I guess if "Julian" was a woman, he'd make a great living as the bearded lady! ;) He had a good sense of humor about it!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Hahaha! You are great! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the green. That would be so cute! No pressure, Andrew!

Mike and Lisa said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Looks like you have tons of talent up your sleeves as well. Yes, Mike did all the woodwork around the windows too. I can't claim much work on that room. :)

Mandi Arrington said...

That picture is priceless! I think color is everything!
Mandi

Michelle said...

Thats so funny! Luna and Lenny are my first kittens. I was always a dog kinda girl but my boyfriend Jacob really wanted a kitten so I thought I would give it a try..

I have to say we have very similar taste in design and the green chest is somthing I would totally bye in 5 seconds! LOL

take care!