Monday, September 29, 2008

{garland galore!}

Many of you asked about my Halloween garland and how I went about making it, so I thought I'd post a few tips. With mine, I just eyed the original and drew up my best impression of it. Then I traced the design onto a thick piece of card board, cut it out and used that to trace onto my scrapbook card stock. It took forever to cut all the pieces out (I used an xacto knife to cut the eyes and nose out). Then, I punched the top with an 1/8" hole punch and strung thin silver ribbon through the top.

So, to get your creative juices flowing, I thought I'd post a few more fantastic Halloween garland ideas that I found! If you decide to make any of these, remember to post some pictures and share!

Heidi over at My Paper Crane has designed these adoreable pumpkin and kitty illustrations for you to download to use as some lollipop decorations or as festive Halloween garland! Very cute and very funky!Another adoreable garland project is this one below by Cottage Magpie! She even includes a free clip art template for the letters, and I love how she used the ric-rack for the string! And last, my favorite from Allsorts! I love the font she used for her letters and again, the ric-rack! You can find these letters and numbers on her blog!Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Ohh, I really like the "boo" garland! I might have to attempt that one!
Great ideas
Shelley

paula said...

What a cute idea with the ric-rac. I think I'm going to try it.

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Thanks for the instructions! I think I might make one!

sarah marie p said...

Ooh! I love those kitties!