Saturday, August 2, 2008

{the weight has been lifted}

Remember this sad li'l post? Well, the weight has been lifted, I've taken the plunge, and I have made my decision! What's this you ask?
I QUIT!!!
That's right! I quit my job yesterday and I feel great! I want to run through the streets and scream, "Free at last, free at last!" There were so many things that lead up to this point. There is nothing worse than being in a job where you feel inequality, frustration and under appreciation. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the opportunity the past 2 years have given me and for everything I've learned, but it was time for me to move on to greener pastures! Friday was my last day and I'm looking forward to a week of relaxation, vacation, and getting my home office ready before I start my new job as a Spec Rep (same thing I was doing last time, just for a different manufacturer)!
Not to get all Oscar on everyone, but there are a few people that I need to thank that helped me get to this point. First, my super supportive, amazing husband. He and my family spend countless hours listening to me vent and helped me weigh out my options. Thanks guys! I also need to thank my encouraging friends and Lisa for helping me revise my resume. Seriously, this gal gave my plain jane resume a glam makeover!
The day I made my decision, I was driving home from work thinking in silence. I had been praying that I would know the decision I made was the right one by the feeling I had after I decided. And when I decided, I felt awesome. My mind was at ease and my gut told me I was making the right decision. After a thankful prayer, I turned on the radio and this song started. I'd heard it before, but I really felt like it was my new beginning anthem! So the rest of the drive home, I got my groove on and finally felt at peace!

Here's to learning from the past, clean breaks, and embracing what the future has to hold!

11 comments:

Kat said...

Congratulations on making a change! Isn't it amazing that after you make your decision- the Lord gives you a yes or no answer in the form of how you FEEL? I love it. Prayer and the holy ghost are awesome. Good luck in your new adventures girl!

The Badgers said...

I don't have a job to quit or anything, but thanks for the post, it was motivating. Good for you Shan, you have so much going for you. Love ya.

Lisa K said...

You're welcome for the resume makeover...I'm glad I could help! And congrats on the new job!

Brandon and Michelle Day said...

Congrats on the decision. I am glad you are happy with it. Good luck with your new job!!

lifeinredshoes said...

Knock 'em dead Shan, the sky is the limit.

Steph Corwin said...

Congratulations!! I hope you are feeling a huge relief!

Jess said...

Congrats and Good Luck!

Katie said...

Congrats! I'm so glad that you made the best decision for you and feel SO GOOD about it! Woot woot!

Sarah Marie said...

Oh man, I was wondering what was going to happen after that sad post! I'm so glad there's a happy ending to that story! Congrats! That must have felt SO GOOD! Yeah, a bad work situation can kind of take over your entire life. I'm so glad you made this decision and that you are so happy now! And congrats on the new job! So exciting!

Lindsey said...

I hear ya. I could write a novel after my experience at SP. Congrats on being proactive and making a change for the better!

KRiSTiN said...

Hey Shannon-this is Laura's sister Kristin. I occasionally browse your blog (or stalk it-whatever you want to call it) because it is so fun, but this is crazy! THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME-with this song and EVERYTHING! ABout a month ago, I quit my job, and was really hoping and praying it was the right thing to do, and this song came on---and kind of helped me realize that yes, it was. ANyway, kind of crazy...