Monday, August 11, 2008

{spruces}

Thursday night Andrew and I drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon to eat a good ol' fashioned camp dinner with my parents! Since Andrew had to work early the next morning, we didn't stay the night, but we roasted hot dogs and feed fritos to li'l chipmunks to our hearts content! The next day, I packed up our sleeping bags, camping chairs, and headed up the canyon. Andrew and Barry met us up there when they got off work and the fun began! We ate yummy dutch oven ribs, played Phase 10 & Scrabble, and of course, enjoyed some s'mores! Ty and Barry kept cracking us up till late in the night. I'm pretty sure our neighbors thought we were wild hooligans!
Posing with the hubs
This little guy was so cute! All the leaves had dew on them from the rain, and the chipmunks would stand up, drink the dew, and then eat the leaf. We decided to see if they'd eat off of Ty's shoe and they did! Their favorite? Fritos! Mom, Dad, & TyThe boys The boys and their sticksThe sibsYou can find more pictures on my brothers blog here! ENJOY!

9 comments:

Lisa K said...

I like how whenever you pose with Andrew you put the tops of your heads together. =)

We should get together for the Hills season premiere!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

I love your glasses so cute.I would love to get together Thursday nights or the weekends work the best for me. Spruces looked like a lot of fun? What kind of camera do you have because I have the same strap. Well it would be sweet if we had the same one. Have fun!

Steph Corwin said...

Oh how fun! I definitely think the best part of camping is the food! And it sounds like you all had some pretty wonderful food and fun! Scrabble is the best!

Barry said...

Great pics, sis! I'm glad you and Andrew came up. It was so much fun!

Jess said...

Sounds like fun!

The Badgers said...

No way how freakin fun is that! Mike and I were just talking about how fun our little family camping trip was last year. Why is it so fun? You just really get away from everything. Have a good one Shan.

Summer said...

Sounds way fun and can I say dutch oven ribs sound really good!

Sarah Marie said...

I agree- your glasses are too cute! Oh, and all that food does sound super yummy! I'm so sad we didn't get to make real s'mores on our camping trip -- so when I got home I bought graham crackers, mashmallows and choc to make my own in the microwave! haha. I love that you guys played board games -- that's the best! I bet that squirrel wanted to come home with you! Hee

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

SO FUN! I am SO jealous! I haven't been camping for the last 2 summers! Bummer! I'm glad you had fun. Camping with Shannon.... now that brings back memories -- can we say "stuck truck"?!? LOL