Sunday, August 3, 2008

{reunions and hair cuts}

On Saturday afternoon, Andrews family had their Stephenson family (his mom's side of the family) reunion. We met up at This Is the Place state park, which is a huge park dedicated to Utah's heritage, complete with old pioneer homes, stores, and pioneer people dressed straight out of the 1800's! After lunch we walked around the park until we couldn't stand the heat any longer (it was about 103 that day!). This is the spot where the Mormon Pioneers first entered the Salt Lake Valley and marks the end of the 1,300-mile Mormon trail. It was here that Brigham Young stopped his carriage in July 1847 and, after surveying the desert valley near the shores of the Great Salt Lake, declared, "This is the right place." (hence the name)
Teri, Patsy, & Fred (aka Sista, Mom & Pop)Grandma Stephenson & Kris
Even after a long day of working on cars, Andrew came up to spend time with us! Thanks honey!
I never had sisters until I married Andrew. Teri and Cyndi (not pictured) are the best sista's a girl could ask for! Love you guys!
Oh so lovely. I think Teri and her red cup really complete this picture.
The Stephenson clan (minus about 20 or so people who couldn't make it).

Now on to the haircut. After church tonight, we decided Andrew needed a haircut. So he buzzed it like he usually does in the summer time. It was then that I suggested we bic it. So that's what we did. I covered his head in way too much shaving cream (which I should have gotten a picture of), making Andrew have a temporary shaving cream afo, and I went at it. This is the result, and I love it! Seriously- I think it looks great on him! Oww owww baby!
Isn't he handsome!?Showing my man some loveI figured since he had a new hard core haircut, we'd better take a hard core picture. You know what they say, "You're not hardcore, unless you live hardcore!" And really, what's more hardcore than having a iron in the back of your picture? Nothin' says "tough guy" better than a crisp, starched shirt!

13 comments:

cathycan said...

Yes, Andrew IS a boo ti full boy! we love his easy going attitude, his acceptance of our wierd Cann ways, and his generosity! AND he lets me rub his head when he gets a really short haircut..a very important quality for a son in law of MINE to have ; )

shell said...

okay if you love this is the place monument you have to go back at christmas time. its even better!!! they have all the cool old christmas traditions that you can take part in and a live nativity... and carolers, and you can even purchase fresh nuts toasted on an open fire...

second love andrews hair cut too. very cute

third I'm sorry about getting together... that morning I thought you were calling me and then I spaced calling you to see what you were up too.. seriously I'm a lame butt.

Katie said...

How fun! Love the hard core pic!

Lisa K said...

I second Shell's suggestion of going back to that park at Christmas time. It's a lot of fun!

I like it when guys bic their hair. Looks good Andrew!

lifeinredshoes said...

I like Andrews new do, and I don't usually go for young bald guys of the pale variety. And anyone that is your age and owns an iron AND uses it, should show that sucker off!

Sarah Marie said...

That park sounds really neat! So much heritage about your background! It must have been so meaningful for you! I love hearing about your family reunions -- they always sound like so much fun! You and Teri really do look like sisters! How special that you're close to your in-laws! And yes, you're totally right - we SHOULD live closer to one another so we could have crafty nights and be silly together!

Brienne said...

I liked the School of Rock quote the best. :)

Because the Legend of the Rent was WAY hardcore!

Brittney Andy and Boston said...

So I think Boston and Andrew have the same shirt.
I think I was looking at Carson Smith's blog when I saw you. I was surfing through our class website....I think.

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

The pic of you guys with Teri sneaking in is hilarious! I didn't have sisters till I got married either. It is so great to have cool in laws!

April said...

I quite enjoy having a bic-headed hubby. Ooh baby. :) Elliot thinks it's the most comfortable way to be...which is the top priority for him. Enjoy, Andrew.

Steph Corwin said...

oh how fun! I love having my husband play guinea pig to my hair whims.. He let me buzz it this weekend a little shorter and thank goodness it turned out good. :)

caitlin said...

I love how you are always so photogenic in every picture! I swear it's a talent. It seems like when I get pictures back of myself it looks like I am having face spasms!

Adam-n-Tiffany said...

looks like you guys had fun! Love the new do..or not do?!~ :)