Friday, August 15, 2008

{our house}

A few of you have asked to see my crib (that's slang for house), since I started finding some crazy, cool furniture! Then when I started thinking about posting pictures of my house, it gave me the motivation to get the 2nd bedroom put together and de-clutter. So here you go!
This is the dining room. I got the cabinet on the right from my old work when it was on clearance and painted it black. It's actually an oven cabinet! I need to find a shade or have someone make me some cabinet doors to put over the empty spot. Or I could make a funky roman shade to put on it. What do you think?
This is a closeup of my work area or as some like to call, "the home office". Remember that green chair? The one from the upholstery class from hell? That's the one! I have yet to make a cushion for it, so for now, it's the cats chair. This is the family room. I'm not a huge fan of the red slip covered sofas, but they'll do for now!
The barrel back chair in the corner is another that I did in an upholstery class. And yes, I need to have the cushion finished. The other side of the family room.This is the 2nd bedroom. The red hutch sits opposite the wall where the bed is. If you ever want to come visit, this is where you'll probably sleep. Unless you prefer the red sofas. It's your choice. The entrance to the 2nd bedroom. I'm not sure if I like the S C together like that since they're different sizes. Maybe I should just have one. What do you think? That is my li'l body lamp I made my first year of design school. I put cast gauze material over the body of one of my mom's old dolls (I think it was Mary Poppins) to make it. I love that lamp! Andrew had his neighbor make me that little sign and gave it to me on our wedding. The Christmas before I made him a quilt and embroidered that saying into the corner. It's kind of our theme!And last, the boom boom room (also known as the master bedroom). Haha! This is actually the inspiration for my bedroom. It's not finished yet, but when it's done I'll post pictures!So there you have it! Now I expect some pictures of your cribs posted in return!

14 comments:

caitlin said...

You have great taste. I believe I have the same black frames you have hanging on your wall in the guest bedroom. Thanks for showing us the crib. Now I want to see your kitchen. (you should post it, when you post your "boom boom room" :)

Aubrey said...

So cute Shan! I just love your fun and funky style.

Samantha said...

Okay first: I love your dining room and I think you should make a funky roman shade!
Next: I actually like the red slip cover for your sofas.
And Last: I love the Boom Boom room! Soo cute when I finally get my own place PLEASE help me decorate cause I am so not into that stuff. Cause I just can't think of those cool designs! Oh and you have plenty of time to come up with ideas for me. Thanks!

cathycan said...

Can't wait to see the upholstered headboard and all the rest!! How did you keep the cats out of the shots!? LOVE that bedroom!

lifeinredshoes said...

You've already seen my post, yours looks great. You could try making a litle curtain and putting it on tension rods for that cabinet, works great.

Alex and Tara said...

Hey girlie! This is Alex wife Tara. I honestly don't know how I found your blog but I love it. You are such a creative person. Your house looks like it should belong in a magazine. I love it!!

Samantha said...

P.S. please tell me how you can make it so that people can't view your pictures. Like they can't click on them and make them bigger. How do you do that???

Brandon and Michelle Day said...

Love your place and your taste!!! I think the letters are actually very nice. Keep them, the different sizes create different "levels" I watch too much HGTV. Okay, come to my house and let me know what I need to do in my space and then apply to be on HGTV already!!!

Alyssa Bateman said...

I love your house and what you have done with it! How funky! As far as my new diet goes, I have just been eating much less and eating healthy foods and less junk. And the no caffeine and excercising have also helped! What have you tried?!

Adam-n-Tiffany said...

the boom boom room...love it! Thanks for the good belly laugh!

Sarah Marie said...

Ok, seriously, there is NO way I'm posting pics of my house after seeing these! Your house is AMAZING!!!! I love it so much!!! Everything looks so lovely and stylish and fun! I want your house!!! The guest room looks relaxing ... Oh, and I like that the S and C are different sizes ... and your motto is adorable! Love, love, love your house! It's both modern, cool, funky and comfy! Love it!

Katie said...

Seriously you have the cutest style. I'd post pics of mi casa, but it's not pic-worthy. My living room is coming along, though!

Tricia said...

Very fun house. I love it. I'm going to post pictures of my kitchen soon. I promise! (But soon is a very subjective word.)

Sandi & Daniel said...

Hey Shannon its Sandi. Your house is soo cute! How was your Hills get together.. I wish I would of checked ur blog sooner.