Tuesday, August 26, 2008

{history}

Dallas, Texas is full of history! Today I drove past the spot where John F. Kennedy was shot. I didn't realize until we drove past, that the Texas School Book Depository was about 3 blocks from my hotel, so I took this shot from my hotel room. It was really interesting to read about what happened that day, and it's a little surreal to think that I am so close to it!
If you can't click on the picture to make it bigger, the window of the building that is circled is the window where the shots came from. The grassy knoll at the bottom of the picture (with the white box above it) is where he was shot. There are x's painted on the ground marking where the first and second shots were fired.
This is another view from my window.

6 comments:

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

My sister is going to Russia to teach english. She is going with ILP, International Language Program. Have fun in Dallas.

Lisa K said...

I miss Dallas!! I'm going there the end of October - I can't wait!

Alex and Tara said...

I like the second picture!

shell said...

the train in the second picture is awesome!

Sarah Marie said...

Wow! What a great view from your window! And that second shot is especially amazing!

Steph Corwin said...

Wow that view is amazing!