Wednesday, August 27, 2008

{Dallas part two}

Hey ya'll! Well, it's almost my last day in this lovely city and it's been awesome, but like they say, all good things must come to an end! This is my hotel and the big bulby tower is the Reunion tower. Unfortunately, it's closed until 2009, but I have big plans for sneaking up there tonight. *shifty eyes* Who knows when I'll get back to Dallas and this is a must see!
I had a little bit of time to myself this afternoon, and since I had rented a car, I drove to an area called Knox, which is full of funky restaurants and fabulous boutiques! (read more about Dallas neighborhoods HERE) After doing a little shopping, I headed over to the Bishop Arts District. It's such an artsy, funky part of town! Perfect for a gal like me!

Unfortunately, most of the shops were closed, but lost of restaurants were open, so I decided on Hunky's- a delicious little diner with chrome upholstered seats and turquoise laminate counter tops!
On my way back to the hotel, I drove past this funky auto shop and snapped a quick picture!
Even though I got lost a few times and even drove the wrong way down a few one way streets, I have really enjoyed my time in Dallas. My hosts have been incredible and I've come away with some fun, new friends! If you ever get the chance to visit, I highly recommend it!

4 comments:

simplycaitlin said...

Sounds like you are having mucho fun. Tell Dallas hello for me!

Brittney Andy Boston and Scarlett said...

I can't decide what color to paint my room. The whole theme is based around two original oil paintings my artist friend gave me. I am having serious inner turmoil and arguments with myself over it. Basically cause I got no skills, and I want it to look awesome.
I keep thinking, I wish Shannon was here. She could just tell me what to do and I could be done with it.

Sarah Marie said...

I love that you wrote: Unfortunately, it's closed until 2009, but I have big plans for sneaking up there tonight. *shifty eyes*

haha! You're hilarious! Sounds like you had such a fun time! I wanna see what you bought shopping!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

How fun! I am jealous! I loved my one-and-only business trip! It's so fun to see new places! Glad you had so much fun!