Thursday, July 17, 2008

{hey there puddin'}

Lately the Mr. has been asking me to make him some rice puddin'. I thought this was a little odd seeing how I've never made rice pudding before, so it's not like he remembers how tasty my recipe is and that's why he is requesting it. He just had a hankerin' for some puddin'.

So last night, I decided to try and make it. I used this recipe, because it didn't seem that difficult and it sounded yummy. (My idea of cooking= fast + easy!) Well.....it was awful. It smelled great, but when we put a spoonful in our mouths and swallowed, we both just kind of looked at each other. Andrew gave me "the look". Now, if you've ever cooked for someone, and you both try your new recipe at the same time, you know the look the person gives you if it sucks. They're waiting to see your reaction before they react. It's kind of a look of anticipation while trying to hide their disgust at the same time. Anyway, so I started making a face, took another bite just to make sure, and said, "Umm....not so tasty, is it?" "Well..." Andrew said (in high pitched voice), "It's not that bad. It's just a little bland." Anytime someone reacts with a high pitched voice, you know it's not good. It's like someone asking if their outfit makes them look fat, and you answer "Oh no! It looks great!" in a voice that's about 10 octaves higher than your normal voice. It was that bad.

So, I'm still on a quest for a great rice pudding recipe! This is where all of my lovely readers come in. Submit the best rice pudding recipe you have. Here are the rules: It must be delicious and it can't have raisins (not a fan- sorry). If you send a recipe, I'll put your name into a drawing and the winner will get a lovely pair of coral trio earrings! (Email submissions to shans_design@yahoo.com)

6 comments:

Sarah Marie said...

This was a fun story -- sorry your first attempt at rice pudding didn't turn out -- I'm sure it was a bunk recipe and not you cuz you are so creative and awesome, which = good at making rice pudding! duh! hmm.... a rice pudding recipe -- I don't have one of those and so I feel that it's unfair to submit a random one without taste testing it -- but how cool that you're offering up some neato earrings as a prize!

lifeinredshoes said...

Cozy Shack, in the dairy section. Now, hand over the earrings.

cathycan said...

L O L!!! I think Bridgette has a point! hahaha

Samantha said...

I think your Mr. meant he wanted a little "lovin" in the bedroom! (hehe)

shan & andrew said...

LOL! Sammy you're so funny! But he uses a different term when he wants some lovin'! ;)

Lisa K said...

I have a great idea - in Provo there's a place called Puddin' On The Rice and they have like 25 different flavors of rice pudding that are DELICIOUS! I'd recommend the Strawberry Fields or Caramel flavors. YUM.