Wednesday, July 9, 2008

{nothing hot}

Recent conversation with my husband:

Me: Hon, we need to start taking our lunch to work. Buying it everyday is getting expensive.

Andrew: *sighs* Yeah, but I get sick of sandwiches everyday.

Me: Well, you can eat other things for lunch. What if I bought those hearty man soups? You know the ones? You can heat those up easily at work and they're filling.

Andrew: *looks at me as if I just asked him to eat poop* Soup? It's summer time Shan. Nothing hot.

Me: *sighs* Okay...well, what do you want then?

Andrew: I don't know, like a Hot Pocket or something.

Me: *starting to laugh* ....right....

8 comments:

Sarah Marie said...

Hee! That made me smile! So funny! Love it! Oh man... I have been trying to bring my lunch more often as well. Yikes it's boring but at least it doesn't cost $8 like today! Oh noes! That's bad. So bad! Think about what I could buy with $8!

Steph Corwin said...

hahaha! We bring our lunches to work because it's true $5-$8 a day does add up quickly. I eat lean cuisines or cup of noodles and cale usually brings a sandwich and soup.

gotta love that hot pocket thing though. too funny!!!

*jimaie.marie* said...

LOL!! i love how men's minds work, a hot pocket?? teehee!!
i love it.

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

hahah, I don't even know what to say, other than I think our husbands must have come from the same planet. That is something Shane would say exactly....lol

April said...

Awesome. You know what also works? Dinner leftovers from the night before. Elliot gets that a lot.

Summer said...

That is so funny! Lately I have been bringing lunch to work and it does save money by doing that. Buying lunches everyday definitely adds up fast!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Had the same conversation with Gavin once... I think he had the "look of poop" too when I suggested it too. Hahaha!

shell said...

ha ha ha.. oh shan that made me laugh so hard. I keep laughing. oh man that was funny. so funny. I really want you to know that I was laughing out loud on that one K! want to go to lunch next week? Maybe Wed or Thur? or we can go to lisa's and see the baby one night?