Sunday, July 27, 2008

{anniversary weekend}

For our anniversary we went up to Johnson Mill in Midway, Utah. Before we left, my mom made us a cute basket complete with Swiss chocolate, bon-bons, raspberry milanos, yummy pita chips, 2 fancy goblets, and a bottle of the bubbly! It was the perfect start to our romantic weekend away! When we arrived, I was blown away with how quaint, and beautiful the bed and breakfast was! If you ever have the chance to stay there, we highly recommend it! Our lovely room
After we got settled, we drove into Park City for dinner. The weather was turning a little grey and started pouring as we ate, but it cleared up long enough for us to walk up and down Main Street after we finished. Dinner at 350 Main. Oh so delicious!When we got back to the B&B, we opened the door to our room to find this...

Rose petals all over the floor and bed! Plus, chocolate dipped strawberries, and more bubbly! Bow chica wow owww!

The next day we headed back over to Park City to ride the Alpine Slide and Coaster. I thought it would be fun to ride the coaster together. It was a little tight, but they said we'd go faster. Boy did we! Andrew had full control of the break, and I think he used it once, but only after I screamed for him to please slow down! I seriously thought I was going to fly off! The picture above shows us being towed up the mountain, all relaxed and enjoying the ride. The picture below speaks for itself. I almost dropped the camera trying to take it!

Andrew going down the Alpine Slide. Weeeee!

When got home Sunday night and thawed the top layer of our wedding cake. Yes, we're one of those couples that saved and ate their cake! It looked a little funky after being frozen for a year, but it still tasted great!

18 comments:

Katie said...

Bow chicka ow owwww - I agree!

You guys are so cute and that lil Bed'n'Breakfast looked AMAZING.

PLUS.. I heart Park City. That's where me and the hubs spend our anniversaries. We even have a couple souvenirs named Shaelie and Brandt. HAHAHA TMI? Sorry.

Anyway.. So fun! Glad you guys had a good time!!

Claire said...

Happy anniversary! What a fun celebration!! I meant to keep our wedding cake, but I forgot to put it in the freezer after all the wedding craziness, so it kind of got moldy. The first of many fridge science experiments in our house!!

What a gorgeous B&B!! Next time I'm in Utah I might have to convince Scott to take me there!

Brittney Andy and Boston said...

We were one of those people too. I couldn't believe how good the cake was a year later.
That B&B is beautiful. The picture of the water is breathtaking.
congrats!

lifeinredshoes said...

Happy Anniversary! You make a great couple, and what a thoughtful Mommy you have!

*jimaie.marie* said...

what an INCREDIBLE weekend, oh my goodness! seriously jealous, that looks sooooooo romantic and fun!
your mom is the sweetest, seriously. ♥
I wanna know what you were eating, you know how i love me some food! LOL
and i love that you guys were traditional and saved the top of your cake, i wanna do that too!
Yay for anniversaries, every single one is cause for incredible celebration :D
Congrats again!

Steph Corwin said...

That bed and breakfast looks amazing! Happy Anniversary!!

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

Way to celebrate in style! Now you say it's a tradition to do this every year. That would be awesome!!

Aubrey said...

What a fun getaway. Happy Anniversary!

Samantha said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it has been a year already! Well....looks like you had fun especially in the "boom boom" room! Love ya!

Sarah Marie said...

Happy Annivesary! Oh my gosh! That bed & breakfast looks UNREAL! So gorgeous!! And romantic!! I've never stayed at a B&B -- now I really want to! Aww... that was SO, so sweet & thoughtful of your mom to pack that little goodie basket! The rose petals and bubbly and such were such a fun, romantic surprise! So neat! Love the roller coaster pics! What a beautiful background! I'm glad you saved the top of the cake -- I did too! So cool that it still tasted great! In September, I'll let you know about mine!

McCall said...

Um...dinner? Hahaha. Let's go next Tuesday night, ya?

McCall said...

i just remembered that tuesday is my birthday. so, duh mccall! it's not like i have a hot date or anything but, let's maybe get together at a later time. ;)

Scott and Lindsey said...

Scott and I stayed there on our first anniversary too. Funny. We also ate our cake. We got one piece to share on our wedding. sad! The frozen one didn't taste fabulous, but at least it was something!
Looks like you guys had fun. I love the alpine coaster. The faster the better!

Tara Thue said...

I love it! Happy anniversary! I can't beleive its been that long. Love the apline slide in Park City. You know...the Olympic park is where Matt popped the question. Can't wait to go back someday!

The Taylor's said...

Cute pictures Shannon! It looks like you had a fun anniversary! Live it up now because when the kids come.. it is totally different.

brittney said...

So I was totally just wasting time waiting for andy to come home from work, I was looking at this random blog and THERE YOU WERE! I almost fell off my chair. Blogging is such a small world.

caitlin said...

That place looks awesome! I am going to have to keep it in mind for our third anniversary.

JJ, Mands, and Lil said...

OHhh what I would give for a weekend away with my hubby to a place like this. Gosh, this place sounded and looked amazing. So glad you guys had a fun, romantic trip and you look fabulous and gorgeous as usual.