Sunday, July 6, 2008

{4th of July Weekend}

Sorry for the lack of posts! I hope this long one makes up for it! On Thursday night Andrew and I were invited to Jessica's 4th of July party. She did such a great job putting it together and it was so fun to see old friends there! We weren't able to stay for the firework show later that night because we were heading up to Lewiston to party with the Stephenson clan! ~Pics from Jessica's BBQ~

The next morning, the whole family got up at 6:00 to eat breakfast at the park. The local fire department puts it together every year and it's delicious! After breakfast, we got ready and headed down to Main Street for the parade! I love seeing all the hometown floats! We even left with a huge bag of treats from all the candy that was thrown to us!Andrew picking up the candy in between floats!

After the parade, a yummy BBQ lunch, and a nap, we headed back down to Salt Lake to celebrate with my family! We stopped at Wal-Mart on the way to pick up a few fireworks. It's tradition for Andrew and I to bring the "cool" fireworks. We bought 2 turtle tanks to race, a pack of Jack In the Box fireworks(If you can find these, get them! They're awesome, but only if you light them from the top of a ladder- Oh, and get ready to run!), and we also bought this new one called "Rock a bye baby" which was hilarious! It was about the size of a grapefruit and rocked back and fourth as the "face" lit up and then spewed a colorful fountain of fire as it twisted around. It was a little creepy! I wish my camera took better pictures in the dark to better illustrate. I almost pee'd my pants laughing so hard after seeing my family jump out of their seats to escape the flying fireworks that were zooming towards them!

Andrew, Barry, & Chad discuss the best way to alter Picalo Pete's (aka how to make illegal fireworks)

The families reaction to a dud firework. Dad was scratching his head in confusion.Barry running for his life after lighting one of the homemade fireworks.

Finally, the next day we went back up to Logan for the Cache Valley Cruise In! If you ever have the chance to see this, you must go! I loved all of the colorful cars and fell in love with a few! Andrew and I can't wait to restore our own!Yes, the car really was that tiny!Obviously Ty wasn't nearly as excited about our free Firestone Tire hats as I was. Can't beat free!

So there you have it! It was a GREAT weekend! Happy 4th of July everyone!

14 comments:

John, Allisha, & Ezra said...

Looks like you had a great weekend. I lOVE the Cruise In. I went once when I was in college. How did you do the great collages? Your blog looks great!

lifeinredshoes said...

You are too funny! I love your pics, I need lessons!
P.S. You look good in hats!

Lisa K said...

What a fun weekend! I would have been excited for a free Firestone hat too!

caitlin said...

Sounds like you had a busy/fun weekend! It was so great to see you on Thursday. We need to hang out again soon. You are so darling.

Katie said...

Great pics! It was so fun to see you and Andrew. Looks like a blast! My dad would have a heart attack if I ever took him to the Cruise In!

Jess said...

Looks like a great weekend! Thanks for coming on Thursday! It was so fun to see you guys!

BECKY said...

Holy crap! You guys had a fantastic weekend all over the place! Loved it!!!

Sarah Marie said...

So many fun pictures! What a great time! I'm glad you had a really good 4th of July! The breakfast and parade sound like a blast!

cathycan said...

Hey! where are "the uniforms"??...you know the ones....
You've got to do a post about 'em!

Meesh said...

So you guys were in Logan and didn't call us??!! What the crap?! Just kiddin, we weren't even there this weekend:) Looks like we missed out though, Cruisin' looked righteous! Call us next time you're around for rizzle.
P.S. I love reading your blog, keep it up!

Aubrey said...

How much do I LOVE 4th of July!!! Those car pics are of the hizzle!!!!!

Clair said...

Your 4th looks like it was so fun! Damon and I wanted to come up with Bob to watch fireworks and see you all but Damon didn't feel too good at the end of the day ( three kids will do that to you ;)).
We hope to see you all soon!

JJ, Mands, and Lil said...

I love Utah on 4th of July! There was always so much going on. We couldn't even find a parade that was close. Your weekend looked jam packed and like so much fun! I agree and think you look so Hot in hats! OHh and your teeth are so dang white and straight! Your just an all around hottie!

*jimaie.marie* said...

LOL!! the last picture of you two made me giggle, that's TOTALLY me, i am LOVIN the free stuff LOL!

the collage of all the car pics is so awesome! I think i may just have to go to a car show now! very very cool.

you guys had such a fun weekend!! love all the pics :)