Friday, June 20, 2008

{this one's for Nanny}

I just read my friend Bridgette's blog and saw that she is looking for an embroidery pattern with cute, dancing, fruit and veggies on them. As soon as I read it, I began my search! I love helping people find things they're looking for, but I also wanted to find the pattern because they remind me so much of my Great-Grandma Nanny. She lived in California, and had the funkiest, old kitchen that was full of neat things to look at (at least to a little girl they were)! I especially remember the dish towels she had that with embroidered veggies, dancing on them. I found these at Pattern Bee. Oh, how the sight of these bring back memories of walking across the lawn of my Grandma's house to Grandma Nanny's house for mickey mouse shaped pancakes in the morning.

8 comments:

Lisa K said...

Those are super cute! Maybe this is just me, but the carrots look like they're gettin' it on...wink wink.

shan & andrew said...

LOL! Lisa, you're right!

lifeinredshoes said...

OK Angel Girl, How can I thank you?

Talia said...

oh, I love embroidered tea towels. These are so cute! I do have to agree about the carrots though... :)

lifeinredshoes said...

Just an update, they are the EXACT ones that I had been looking for! I ordered them today, just $9.95 with shipping! I'm doing the Happy Dance!

lifeinredshoes said...

PS, Brie said " what the hell are the carrots doing?"

Sarah Marie said...

ohmygoodness-- I LOVE these! Sooo the cutest thing in the freakin world! Thanks for sharing the mickey mouse pancakes memory- adorable.

Aubrey said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought those carrots were shagging!