Wednesday, June 25, 2008

{my business}

I wanted the title of this post to be this: "up in my biznass?!" but then I thought if someone googled "boyfriend be up in my biznass and I gotta get him out", I thought it might be awkward for both of us if they stumbled upon my site. So, I went with more of a conservative approach. Look, someone's gotta keep it real!

*ahem* Anyway, I love these business cards!I stumbled upon them at Country Living Magazine. Oh, and there's a funny story to go along with that too. See, when we moved, I forgot to change my subscription to Cottage Living magazine. A few days ago Andrew got an email from them saying that the subscription was on hold because the new tenants sent all our mail back. Well, I got online to change the address and accidentally went to Country Living instead of Cottage Living (confusing I know!). When the change address thing didn't work online, I emailed them politely asking to change my address and included my account number. A few days later they emailed me back asking for my prior address, which I gave them and then I got another email asking for all this info that I already gave them. I was a little frustrated, so I decided to just call the customer service hot line. This is what went down...

Customer Service Girl: *all chipper and happy sounding* Hello! This is Ashley, how may I help you?
Me: Hi! *chipper and happy sounding too* I need to change my address and I'm having a little bit of trouble doing it online.
CSG: Okay sure, I can help! What is your last name and zip?
Me: Give her my last name and zip.
CSG: Okay....*typing*.....hmmmm....yeah, I'm not finding you.
Me: *a little frustrated* Well, I've been getting the magazine, so I should be in there. They sent me an email telling me it was on hold or something and to change my address. I have my account number.
CSG: Okay what is your account number? *typing account number* Yeah...I'm not pulling anything up. (she sounds annoyed at this point as if I'm trying to con her into giving me a free magazine subscription).
Me: *very frustrated* Look, how can you not have my info? I've been receiving the magazine! It says right here on this email from Cottage Living that I nee......
CSG: *cutting me off* Ma'am, this is COUNTRY Living Magazine.
Me: ....*long pause*....oh.... I see. Well, that makes a lot of sense then. *nervous laugh* Gee, sorry about that! Ha-ha....Uh...I guess now you have a funny story to tell your coworkers, eh?
CSG: *in a flat voice* Can I help you with anything else?
Me: Umm, nope, but I do think your magazine is great too! Uh, bye...sorry...

I then called Cottage Living and easily changed my address.

11 comments:

Steph Corwin said...

Okay now that is kind of funny. Don't you hate when you try to be nice and funny to the person on the phone and they are so not having any of it?? It's like Okay! Nevermind!

Scott and Lindsey said...

I did that just yesterday with the billing department at the doctors.
I was like, look I know I paid for this all upfront because it was $400. She kept telling me it was another appointment, and I kept saying I only had one...until I realized that I had two. Her reaction was about the same. The funny thing is I have worked phone customer service before. I would have been the same.

Brittney Andy and Boston said...

Ok Ok, so sorry, no more daily reads without a comment. You got me there;)

Lisa K said...

Those are cute business cards! I need to get some made for a business Joe and I are starting after the baby is born, I like getting good ideas like that!

Sarah Marie said...

LOVE the business cards. So adorable. Now I just need my own business. Hmm... what to do. Oh man- Country and Cottage Living! How confusing indeed! Sorry the girl on the phone was such a butthead. Bad customer service! I used to answer phones for Bank Of America customer service so I know how it goes on the other end of the phone... it's funny how that girl turned chipper into bad attitude! Glad you got your magazine subscription all worked out!

lifeinredshoes said...

Oh, you so funny!

The Badgers said...

I was totally just re-designing my business card. I like alot of those ideas. Thanks!

Vail blog said...

That is too funny I love it! I have no Idea who made the blog header. I was doing some seriously random blog jumping the other day at three in the a.m. and came across a blog that was using it. So I did what any girl would do... I copied it into my header!:)

Barry said...

What a funny story, sis! :) I love little situations like that!

Talia said...

those are so cute and vintage-y. Makes me want to start a business just so I can have cute business cards! :)
Love your funny little story to along with it... at least you stumbled upon something cute because of the whole thing.

Jessica Kettle said...

1. love the cards. 2. I am so ocd about cottage living, almost as much as I am about domino (please, please, please tell me you read that religiously like I do).