Saturday, June 21, 2008

{lovely saturday}

Things I learned this morning:
~ When you go to the farmers market, go early! 9:00 is the busiest time- I'm pretty sure everyone in Salt Lake was there when I was.
~ Solo shopping is nice now and then, however next time I think I'll bring a friend. Who else am I going to give the "OMG, did you just see that!?" look to when I see an old lady without a bra on, bend over to pet a dog that wasn't hers as her nipple popped out of her tank top that was clearly from the junior section of K-Mart. *shudder*
~ Volkers bread is by far, the yummiest bread in the world. Try the Asiago Basil, you'll fall in love too.
~ Indulging yourself with yummy food, good drinks, and lovely things now and then is good for the soul.
~ If the boutique you visit offers free gift wrapping, get it! Even if it isn't for anyone but yourself!
~ If you see an estate sale, stop and look! You never know what treasures you'll find!
***the day is not over! pictures & updates to come soon!***

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shan that sounds so fun!.. I have never been to the farmers market down there before. Next time you go call me, I would love to go with you.
Andrea

Sarah Marie said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH to the yucky old lady! ewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! haha. you should have snapped a pic for Glamour's "Don't" section. That's so cute you got gift wrap for yourself! I'm glad you're having a lovely day! It sounds like so much fun!

Scott and Lindsey said...

I love the Farmer's Market. I couldn't go today because I had a wedding, but then something crazy happened and then I didn't. Still too late to go to the Market though. Maybe next time. I definitely have my favorites there. So many choices of yummy food.

lifeinredshoes said...

I was there at 7:30 and the parking was already sparse! Did you snap a pic of the old lady or were you to stunned!

tai and joe said...

Hey Shannon. I was there today too. It was very fun. You sure see quite the people.
We miss seeing you around. The people that moved in sure like to party. Blah!

Brittney Andy and Boston said...

Shan, just so you know, even though I never comment (b/c I am one of those people with nothing clever to say) I literally check your blog every single day at least once. So now you know I am here even if I don't comment. Since it is nice to know whose is reading you blog.

McCall said...

i like this post. ha. except the nipple part. are we still on for tuesday???

Katie said...

I wanna go! Except not if that lady's gonna be there. haha

Lisa K said...

I've always gone in the early afternoon and it hasn't seemed too busy. And the Asiago Basil is tied with the Rosemary Garlic bread as their best!

The Marquardt Family said...

What a fun weekend! I wish I knew about all those cute store and things when I lived in Utah. You look great! Miss you tons.