Tuesday, June 17, 2008

{do what makes you happy}

Yesterday sucked. I'm so over rude, impatient, lazy, prejudice, and ignorant people. (I could go on, but I'll save my rant for another day). After work I stopped by one of my favorite places in Salt Lake and treated myself to a some eye candy at Ward & Child. It's a beautiful, little garden store in Salt Lake City off of 700 E and about 800 S. The inside is beautifully decorated with lovely lamps, tables, and other interior decor, but the reason I went was to walk through their amazing garden. It's small, but it's peaceful and serene- just what I needed.

I decided that since I my weekends have finally slowed down, I'm going to spend this Saturday exploring my favorite stores and places in Salt Lake. My first stop will be the Farmers Market. Then I plan on shopping at Hip & Humble, Nest, Floribunda, Ward & Child, Artichokes & Co, Abode, Cactus & Tropicals, and any other funky lil' stores I decide to browse! I love spending a laid back day solo shopping, thinking, and unwinding. I might even stop by Nailed and get a pedi!

P.S. My neighbor said he husband could hook up our internet tonight! SWEET!

7 comments:

Sarah Marie said...

I'm sorry you had such a sucky day yesterday- boo! But I'm glad you treated yourself to a lovely stroll in that cute shop- yay! Your Saturday plans sound great! I really like solo shopping too because for ex. when trying on clothes I take forever cuz I have to over-analyze everything! You should totally get a pedi! You deserve it after the stress of moving in and everything. I love that that place is called Nailed-- ooh, scandalous! ha. That's awesome you're getting your internet hooked up! yay!!! And I'm glad you love my cats-- there's just something about cat people, huh? Hee- I made my hubby watch your cat video-- it was sooo cute! Love how your cat was hiding! How are the cats adjusting to your new place? Hope this is a great day for you!

lifeinredshoes said...

Love all your shopping picks, I haven't been to Artichokes for tooo long!

Summer said...

That sounds way fun! I love having laid back days like that. You should totally go get a pedi. I went the other day and it is just so relaxing!

Jess said...

Mean people suck! Those are some of my favorite stores though!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Ohhhhh- Sounds like fun! I'm totally jealous... there's nothing like browsing fun shops. And REALLY nothing like getting a pedicure. Hmmmmm... maybe I'll splurge too!

Scott and Lindsey said...

Hey, it feels like it has been so long since I have said hi... so, hello again. I love a lot of those stores too, but I haven't been to Abode (been meaning to). I should check it out. Maybe I will see you at the Farmer's Market sometime. We will be there with our crazy dog eating Belgium Waffles. Yum!

Lisa K said...

I'm having a sucky morning, I just want to leave work and go shopping right now!

I was thinking about the Farmer's Market on my way to work, has it started?