Friday, May 9, 2008

{Utah Idol}

***WARNING*** What your about to read and see could very possibly send you into a wild craze, causing you to scream like crazy and cry like a 13 year old girl.

Ladies and gentlemen...today I was in the presence of Mr. David Archuleta!!!! (fo real yo)

The funny thing about all this, is that I'm not a huge American Idol fan. Andrew and I watch the show here and there, and we have been following it somewhat, but we haven't ever voted, nor do we have a favorite contestant....until now!

Here's the story: I went to lunch today with my Caesarstone rep, and we decided on the Happy Sumo in the Gateway Mall downtown. When we walked out of the parking garage, we could hear the shrieks and screams of teenie boppers around the corner. My first thought was that the new Hello Kitty store was opening (hence the screams of young girls), but then I remembered that David Archuleta was in town for his "hometown visit". Dana (the rep) and I walked around the corner, because curiosity got the best of us, and to be honest, we were quite excited! A local celebrity was 10 feet from me and I wasn't going to miss it! Girls were screaming everywhere, and the crowd wasn't as big as I thought it would be. All of the sudden, the screams got more frantic, and I looked to see lil' Davey making his way down the stairs of the 2nd level of the gateway. Security was all over him, and girls were grabbing at him as he made his way down. He walked right in front of me, and I went to reach for my blackberry since the camera on it is awesome, but I left it in the car. Luckily Dana got some great pictures on her camera phone! I got one really good one, but the quality of my little samsung camera is crap. Anyway, it was pretty exciting! He's such a cute boy and really modest about all this sudden fame! We'll definitely be voting in the future!The little picture is from my samsung phone. Not the best, but you can see how close he was!
He got in the limo, and then popped out the top to wave more! Here he is flashing the signature David Archuleta smile!

8 comments:

Summer said...

Hey Shannon! First of all I was reading Laura's blog and saw that you asked her if I had a blog (Well it could have been another Summer you were asking about, but either way I will still tell you). I don't have a blog yet, but am in the process. Anyways I have to comment on your blog. Brian and I are HUGE into American Idol and can I just say David Archeleta is AWESOME! He seriously is an amazing singer and so down to earth. He is my favorite. And I did get a huge smile on my face when I was reading your blog. You should go on to Youtube and listen to the John Lennon song he sang (Imagine) back at the beginning of the competition it is amazing. Anyways now that I have left a small novel for you, I should probably stop.

tai and joe said...

Oh man, I am so jealous! I was so excited when you text me. I ran and told everyone at my work. Joe and I vote for him every week. He is our favorite all the way! Aahh! we love him. Thats so cool.

shell said...

Shannon that is really cool. I would have been so excited to even though I don't watch AI either that much.

shell said...

p.s.
have you assigned days you would like for us to guest post on?

Barry said...

Awesome, Shan! I got your text message earlier that you took a picture of David Archuleta and wondered if you were in California, but then saw this on the news and thought "Oh, THAT'S how Shan saw him!"

:)

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

That is SO cool! How exciting! I LOVE how he is so modest and humble, too! That is really what makes me like him! (Not to mention that he is an AWESOME singer)... did you hear the "Think of Me" from Phantom of the Opera the other week? It was SO SO SO good!

Ashley said...

hahaha. that is soooo funny. was he out of the moon window thing?

Sarah Marie said...

Oh man! That's SO cool you got to see him! And capture those pics! That David A... such a little goofball! How can you not help but love that little smiley face! He seems like such a good little boy.