Tuesday, May 27, 2008

{tea time}

Isn't this a lovely, little tea set? The best part is that it's miniature! When I was a little girl, my mom bought me my first mini china tea set and I fell in love! I imagined little fairies flying into my room at night to enjoy a nice spot of tea. Once, I even left out pieces of a cookie so they'd have a little snack to go with their tea! The tea sets were so fragile, and I remember taking great care of them as I cleaned the dust they'd collect from sitting on my desk hutch. I have 3 little sets that are stored away in a box at my parents house, and after seeing this little set (that is similar to one I have) it's inspired me to start collecting again!

What are things you've collected?

5 comments:

Brittney Andy and Boston said...

dust, ha ha I'm sooo funny

Alyssa Bateman said...

I'm so bad with posting lately, I don't know what is up with me. My life just goes through fases of exciting things and apparently none have happened lately. I did post though, it is kinda boring though. I need to find fun things to post about, that will be my goal!:) I love your blog!

shell said...

I collect spoons from around the world. The farthest ones a spoon from Chile brought home from my bro's mish.

Lisa K said...

I collect cookbooks and pewter serving dishes.

Sarah Marie said...

That tea set is sooo adorable! I love it! Hmm... things that I collect? Do magnets count? And owls!