Sunday, May 4, 2008

{Man Moment}

Awhile back I was reading my cousins blog and her husband Robert had put a "guy blog" on the family blog since Heather blogs most of the time. (Wow...there was a lot of blog in there!) I thought that was a good idea and since 100% of the posts on here are from me, I told Andrew he should start a little blog segment entitled "Man Moment". I thought it sounded pretty manly.

Anyway, so yesterday Andrew bought a new and improved helicopter that actually works. The one I got him for Christmas broke on it's maiden voyage and although we tried to fix it, it hasn't really worked right since. So without further ado, I'll let Andrew tell the story of how he found, and came to own his Blade CX2 Helicopter (insert choirs singing noise here).

Word to my homies! (okay, that's still Shan talking...she thinks she's a gansta sometimes)...Anyway...so yesterday afternoon, I got home from work and decided to look on KSL and browse the classifieds. When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a toy section! Now, I know that sounds a little juvenile, but they weren't just any toys...these were man toys! (insert man grunt here) You know, like 4 wheelers, paintball guns, and RC Cars & Helicopters! One in particular caught my eye and I checked it out. It was all the way up in Harrisville, which was way to far away, so I kept looking, and came across an even better one in Lehi (which was much closer!) I called the guy and he was dinner with his family, so a few hours later Shan and I found ourselves waiting to meet him in the Maverick parking lot. He finally showed up, I looked at it, asked a bunch of questions, and after a few minutes of painful deliberation with Shannon, I made an offer and he accepted. I then became the proud owner of a CX2. Thanks babe!

So tonight, I took it out back and practiced flying it around, hoovering it, and getting to know the controls better. Here are some shots Shan took of my 2nd try flying it.

taking offup in the air (kind of hard to see but its the red dot in the middle of the picture)

Here is a video of it flying

7 comments:

shell said...

lol (insert grunt here) hearing the word "man toys" instantly brought back memories of your clip "man cold"

Sarah Marie said...

Man moment! hee-- I love it! I love how your honey explains the difference between toys and MAN toys! too funny. I like the pics!

shell said...

shellie.kendrick@gmail.com

meghann said...

So you guys are looking for a place to rent too, I didn't know we live close to each other where do you guys live? Ya looking for places to live suck, good luck. We should hang out, that would be so much fun!

Alyssa Bateman said...

lol I love Andrews new "man toy" thats awesome! It's the little things in life that make us happy, like a remote control helicopter! I'm lovin it Andrew! I hope he let you try it out!

berto said...

Well, it is ok. Do you have more photos of your equipments.. i have visited the site komatpillar.com it sells a lot of used machineries and heavy equipment. Iam still searching on the internet who sells machineries with the Caterpillar brand.

Ashley said...

hahha. oh boys. Chris just got GTA, he is having all kinds of man moments.