Friday, May 23, 2008

{I love the 80's}

Since it's rainy outside, I thought I'd liven up the mood by playing a few of my favorite 80's hits! So pull your hair into a side pony tail, scrunch your socks, and get ready to wang chung tonight!

First up, Dead or Alive "You spin me round (Like a Record)" - Now I know what I'm dressing up like for Halloween!

Next up is Wang Chung "Everybody have fun tonight" - This song reminds me of living in Arizona!

And last, The Escape Club "Wild Wild West"- Right after I saw this music video, I ran upstairs to the bathroom, opened the medicine cabinet mirror, and tried to mimic the video!


So what are YOUR favorite 80's party songs?!

11 comments:

meghann said...

Wow. All I can say is Wow. I love Pat Benatar she rocks, Blondie, Tiffany, The Go Go's, Talking Heads, slow dance song Total Eclipse of the Heart- Bonnie Tyler.

Claire said...

I LOVE 80s music!!! When I lived in SLC I went dancing most Thursday nights at Area 51's 80s night... oh, the memories!!

I love Madonna... Like a Prayer is one of my favourites. Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order. Big Michael Jackson fan (not him, his music!) Billie Jean is a good one. Really, I just love 80s music.

I have a bunch of 80s music on my iPod and my little girl is seriously going to think thats the only music there is. We listen to it all the time in the car. Its so funny to watch her dance to it!!

Lisa K said...

My favorite party artists from the 80s would be Tiffany, Paula Abdul, and Janet Jackson.

Samantha said...

Hey girl that was fun, check out my list on my blog! I have never laughed so hard. Wait, I say that all the time! Love ya

shell said...

my favorite is probably Micheal Jackson!

Robyn Reynolds said...

My sisters used to sing me Abba all the time. Dancing Queen was my theme song. I like your tribute. How have you guys been?

shell said...

P.S.!!!!!!!

I'm coming to utah from July 2 - July 30th!


Yay!!!

lifeinredshoes said...

2 days, no blog? What's up with that? PS,he 80's pretty much sucked!

GirlNamedCharles said...

Bannarama(sp?) Cruel Summer.

I also have to second the motion for Pat Benetar.

Brittney Andy and Boston said...

Umm, Shan? Are you dead? Maybe maimed and lost your fingers in a terrible accident?

Sarah Marie said...

Yay! Thanks for posting these videos! I love em!!! I heart the 80s so, so much! I love basically any 80s pop rock hit ... but I also love the Cure and Duran Duran and David Bowie and the Cars and the Smiths... They're all so good! I swear I was born at the wrong time-- I should have been in my teens in the 80s!