Monday, May 19, 2008

{Hola Amigos y Amigas!}

We're baaaack!!!
Andrew and I had a BLAST in Mexico! I'll get to that in a sec, but first, I need to thank my awesome peeps who guest blogged while I was away! Ashley, Barry, Shell, Lisa, & Mom- you guys did an awesome job! THANK YOU!!! If ya'll haven't checked out their awesome posts, scroll down now and be prepared to laugh!
Okay, so now back to the trip- We flew into LAX last Sunday and took a shuttle to Long Beach where the bad boy in the picture above was waiting for us! The driver of our shuttle was seriously crazy- we went over the bridge (shown below) and I really thought we were going to drive off the edge and die. Luckily we made it and after getting on the ship, we spent the rest of the day exploring.

Right before the ship took off, we had to take part in a mandatory life boat drill "just in case". I told Andrew to look nervous in this picture, you know, to show how we'd really look if we were experiencing our own Titanic moment, and this is what he came up with....he looks like he scheming to steal his own life boat and I look like I just realized that the guy next to me forgot his pants.The whole week was a blast! We spent time in Cabo, Mazatlan, & Puerto Vallarta! Since we did so much, and there are so many pictures, I thought I'd pick out a few to show our favorite moments! Enjoy!


These were our table mates- Luke, Lindsey, me, Andrew, Marina, & George (pronounced hore-hay in Spanish) and they were the funnest bunch ever! We laughed and talked long after dinner was over almost every night! Seriously, great people! Even our waiter Roshan was hilarious!

We even tried Escargot (snails)!!! And to be honest...it wasn't that bad!

We rode dune buggies in Puetro Vallarta...and pretended to be bandits...and got really dirty after driving through streams and puddles!

We even ate at a local restaurant! Yes, my friends, we braved the food and lived to tell the tale! It was delicious!

But the best part was enjoying the hot sun & the beach!


After sailing around for 7 days, we got back to Long Beach and since our flight didn't leave till later in the evening, we rented a car and drove to a few of my favorite L.A. spots!Mmmmm! I love me a corned beef sandwich from Canters!And of course we had to hit up the Grove & the Farmers Market! I love L.A!

11 comments:

Samantha said...

welcome back girl!! I am glad you had so much fun. Looks like you had so much fun!

Katie said...

It looks dreamy - I'm turning green! Glad you guys had a blast and glad you're back to the "safety" of American food - haha!

shell said...

yay I'm so glad you are back. that makes me so happy. and girl you are looking hot. I'm so glad you had a great time. You look like you had so much fun!

scabiosa said...

How fun is that. Sometimes I wish Mike and I would have done a few fun trips before we had kids. You look smokin' hot by the way. I hope you were able to get your tan on. Sweeeet! Karlie

Scott and Lindsey said...

It looks like so much fun! Especially the beach and dune buggies.
I LOVE vacations. I'm jealous of yours!

April said...

Shan, you make me laugh. When are we going to be friends?

Jess said...

Looks like so much fun!! What an adventure!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Your vacation looks like a blast. It really makes me crave a day in the sun just relaxing. Love all the pictures. Welcome home.

caitlin said...

I'm jealous, jealous. It sounds like you guys had the funnest time! Oh and by the way, my favorite picture, is the one of you guys as bandits! It looks like something Bob and I would do.

Sarah Marie said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad you had such a great time on your trip! It looks like such a fun, fun time! I love the pic of you two in your life jackets-- you guys are SO funny!!! Hee. I can't believe you ate snails! You're hardcore! Your bathing suit is CUTE! That's so fun that you got to hang out in L.A. for a bit! Love all the pics!

Ashley said...

how cute is that b&w dress!!!!

sexy!