Sunday, May 11, 2008

{Happy Mothers Day Mom}

Mom,
Thank you for bring me into this world. Thank you for waking up in the middle of the night to feed me, change me, and hold me. Thank you for taking me to the hospital when I ran into the sliding glass door handle and split my head open. Thank you for teaching me right from wrong. Thank you for giving me your ice cream cone when I dropped mine at Disneyland. Thank you for not getting too mad at me when I made Steve hit the spray paint can with the back of the hammer, almost blinding him. Thank you for recognizing my talents and enrolling me in voice lessons. Thank you for always coming to my performances, softball games, and school events. Thank you for staying up all night, making my 4th grade Betsy Ross costume when I came to you at 9 o'clock that night, and told you I had a project due the next day. Thank you for taking me to the library, and reading Island of the Blue Dolphins to us at night, igniting my life long love for reading. Thank you for getting us up in the morning, fixing us breakfast, and seeing us off to school. Thank you for being at home when we got home. Thank you for decorating our house so nice, and inspiring me to become an interior designer. Thank you for giving me advice when I asked for it (and even when I didn't). Thank you for supporting me in all my decisions. Thank you for taking me to church, sharing your testimony of Christ, and for living such an exemplary example of a good, Christian woman. Thank you for teaching me compassion, empathy, and sympathy. Thank you for all the little gifts you bought me, "just because". Thank you for taking me to California on our Mom & Daughter trips. Thank you for introducing me to different cultures and ideas. Thank you for holding me when I needed you the most. Thank you for staying up with me, talking, laughing, and crying over school, boys, and friends. Thank you for making me go to the singles ward bbq where I would meet my future husband. Thank you for understanding me. Thank you for helping me become the woman I am today. Thank you, Mom, for your support, your humor, your courage, your inspiration, your friendship, and most importantly, your love.

Love forever,
Shan

6 comments:

tai and joe said...

Oh man that is the sweetest letter ever. I am totally crying right now! I can't sleep and I am so sick with another cold. and really missing my mom right now. You are such a sweet girl, I am so glad that I have gotten to know you.

Sarah Marie said...

Aww... that was the sweetest love note ever! I love that your mom read you "Island of the Blue Dolphins" and that you had a Betsy Ross costume... This note was adorable. I know your mom is gonna love it!

cathycan said...

Oh Shan, thank you for making me feel like a success!I know we were "meant to be", that God gave me a wonderful blessing to go through life with, my daughter Shannon!!thanks for a priceless Mother's Day present! mom

BECKY said...

How sweet. I bet you made her cry. Hooray for moms! And someday one of your kids will feel the same way about you!

Sarah Marie said...

p.s. I copied your idea of listing some of your fav memories! It was too good not to! You totally inspired me. :)

Brandon and Michelle Day said...

That is soo sweet! She is an awesome lady :-)