Tuesday, May 20, 2008

{blessings}

I was flipping through the radio stations today and stumbled upon a country song I wasn't familiar with. Now, I'm not a huge country music fan, but there are a few songs that I really like and one that makes me cry and cry every time I hear it. Anyway, I couldn't tell you who sang this particular song, but it was about a guy who sees God's hand in everyday surroundings. I'll admit, I got a little teary eyed, and I really started thinking about all the blessings in my life. I used to keep a journal strictly dedicated to things I was grateful for. Every day I'd write down 5 things I was grateful for. I haven't done it in a long time, so I think I've decided to start a Tuesday tradition and list 5 things I'm grateful for. I'd also encourage all of you to list 5 things you're grateful for and share it with us!
My FaithAmazing in-lawsMy incredibly handy husband! I swear, the man can do it all!Air conditioning

Random acts of kindness

8 comments:

Steph Corwin said...

Okay I definitely want to do this. Starring it for later. Though the air conditioner would be on my thankful list if we had one! oh the sweat.

Lisa K said...

I'm thankful for all those things too...including your inlaws! They're the best!

Sarah Marie said...

Great pictures to go along with the post! I think that's so neat that you had a journal just about things you were grateful for-- I think I should start one of those!

I'm grateful for:
My Johnny
My family and friends
My kitties
My job
Music

April said...

Good Idea, Shan. You know what I'm grateful for? Times when I go out for lunch with my friends, though I could use a few more of those times. :)

Morgan said...

Ooh, great idea! How awesome it is that you can say you're thankful for your in-laws (mine are a different story...haha).

BECKY said...

Welcome back!!! It looks like you had a fantastic time. I love the picture of you guys with your life jackets!

I LOVE the picture of the temple with the cool sky behind it. If you took that... huge props to you!!!

Samantha said...

I like this Shannon! I have always tried to keep a "grateful journal" and it only lasted a little while. I am all for this tradition! ;)

McCall said...

I definitely needed this post today. Jared left about 8 hours ago and I've felt very down as you can imagine. But, it's good to be reminded of things to be grateful for. Like Cooper who's been keeping me company on this lonely day. ;)

And PLEASE call me for dinner....I have many empty nights ahead that need to be filled to make the next 5 months fly by. Talk to you soon.