Monday, April 28, 2008

{it's free to be nakie}

It's a known fact that people like to be nekkid- it's invigorating, devious, and freeing (in the privacy of your own home of course)! My hilarious friend Shellie just posted the funniest naked story ever and I had to share one of my own.

Way back in the day when I was a sophomore in high school, I was enjoying a nice, lazy Saturday, as most teenagers do. Around 2 o'clock in the afternoon, I decided to finally get ready for the day, and made my way upstairs to shower. Since I was the only one at home at the time, I spent the majority of my shower time belting out ballads by Maria Carey & Celine Dion (huge hits at the time). I finished up, turned the water off, and went to reach for a towel, but there was nothing on the towel rack. I was sopping wet, so I stood there for a minute dripping off. I still couldn't hear anyone, so I yelled out "MOM!!!" to see if maybe she was home and if she could bring me a towel, but there was no answer. I stood there for another minute freezing. Since nobody was home, and my room was only about 12 or 13 feet from the bathroom door, I thought I'd just make a run for it. I stepped out of the shower, opened the door to the bathroom, and bolted for my room. ***IMPORTANT DETAIL***My room is the first door at the top of the stairs at my parents house. Seriously, if a burglar decided to break into their house, my bedroom door is the first he'd see when looking up the staircase. It's the perfect view.

So there I was, making a mad dash to my room when I caught a glimpse of someone out of the corner of my eye at the bottom of the stairs. Suddenly the world started moving in slow motion. I looked downstairs to see my brother's senior high school friends sitting in our living room. Surely, they had heard my performance in the shower, and now they were enjoying the finale. My bedroom door was closed, and it seemed embarrassment had ceased all brain functions because I couldn't figure out which way my door opened. This all happened in about 5 seconds of course, but it seemed like hours! I finally got the door opened, ran inside, and slammed the door behind me with my heart pounding. I could hear them downstairs now, some laughing and some awkwardly talking to each other. I was mortified! I waited until long after they left to come out and wondered how in the world I was going to finish up my sophomore year after what happened. Seniors heard me trying to sing, and saw me naked. Oh the humanity!

I can't really remember how I got through the next few weeks, seeing those boys in the halls, at my house, and at school sporting events. I think I just tried to play it off and not think about it, but I still remember the horror!

As you can see, I've illustrated the moment to give you a better idea of the horror. I've sensored out body parts to keep this post PG.

14 comments:

caitlin said...

Oh gee, I was cringing the whole story! That's one of those stories you try to forget but one morning you will wake up in a cold sweat and think, Oh no, did that really happen?! Then you replay it in your mind to try to remember if it was as bad as you remember. Ha, but I have to say it made it classic to have the "edited" diagram at the bottom! Thank you for sharing, my Monday just got better! :)

Katie said...

Shannon! That's hilarious! That should have been your embarrassing journal entry! Although, I probably wouldn't have put that in my journal out of sheer embarrassment.

And for the word verification thingies.. I never really had an issue until right now! I've tried 3 times to post this comment! Arg!

irunwithscissors said...

OMG! How awful! I would be soo embarrassed! I cant imagine having to finish the school year after something like that!

Summer said...

Shannon, that story is hilarious! I am at work right now and when I read your story I started laughing out loud. Way funny!

shell said...

That picture puts my picture to shame!!!! I was thinking okay there's got to be a dude at the bottom of the stairs... but I wasn't thinking a whole group!


The 13' feet measurement on that picture really did it for me.

Oh and you trying to get your door open... LOL

Sarah Marie said...

YAY! Thanks for posting this story. TOO Hilarious and scary and horrible!!! Not that you looked horrible, I'm sure those senior boys thought you looked hot!

I bet I would have freaked out and tried to run back to the bathroom!

Oh man oh man. And I love your drawing too!

Scott and Lindsey said...

That story was so, so funny. I'm sure it didn't feel like it at the time, but maybe time has give a new perspective? I haven't ever streaked naked in front of people, but I did put some gum on an installation piece at the Tate Modern gallery in London. I thought it was a garbage can. That is probably one of my worst "oops" moments.

Thanks for sharing :)
Oh,thanks for telling me who Cathycan was. I couldn't figure it out. Tell your mom hi.

Ashley said...

hahah. oh no!!!

I'm so happy you did that drawing though. perfect. You're so hilarious.

shell said...

Shannie I don't know how I did it. It's a bloggy miracle. 2 of those comments are mine. sooo.... and 1 is my husbands. I don't really think thats counts :)

shell said...

p.s. sorry if you don't like being called Shannie. it just slipped out.

lifeinredshoes said...

Streaking, revisited.

lifeinredshoes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lifeinredshoes said...

Streaking, revisited.

The Badgers said...

What is one more comment to add to the 13 you already have,geeze loueeze I loved the story! Thanks for the laugh.