Friday, April 25, 2008

{Ah, nuts!}

Okay, when you read this you are either going to...

A: Be Offended because it's a little crude and disgusting, and you will never read my blog again.
B: Be Offended because you own this particular item and even have them attached to your vehicle, and you will never read my blog again.
C: Laugh your head off like I did and wonder who the heck these people are!

So there I was on my way home from work, stopped at a busy intersection, when a shiny glare caught my eye. I looked around and saw light reflecting off of something swaying from the trailer hitch of the Ford Expedition stopped in front of me. I leaned forward to get a better look, squinted my eyes, and gasped! "Are those? (eyes are getting wider while jaw drops)...No it can't be!" So, I pulled up a bit closer and alas, it was true...hanging on the back of the SUV were...dare I say it..."truck nutz". Yes, ladies and gents, you heard right. The vehicle had genitals. *shudder*

I was afraid nobody would believe the awfulness of what I saw, so I whipped out my camera phone and captured a photo that I will cherish forever and ever. Wait...I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
In case you need a closer look, this is exactly what they looked like. And yes, they were chrome. Even classier!

Anyway, after hearing my story, my mom sent me a link to an article entitled, "Florida moves to ban fake testicles on vehicles". Now, I don't get way into politics, but I'm forwarding this to my state senator in hopes that Utah does the same! Honestly, it's gross, weird, and a disturbing. I mean really, what woman in her right mind sees a guy driving a vehicle with these dangling from the back and thinks, "Gee, what a classy guy? Man, I hope he's single!" Maybe, just maybe, they're compensating for...something! I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

19 comments:

McCall said...

gross

FoodFashionFetish said...

yup, i just don't get why anybody would think that is a remotely good idea. just crazy!

Katie said...

I saw these all the time in Vegas. Shaelie asked me, "Mommy, what's that thing hanging on that car?" Yah... how do you explain THAT to a 3 yr old girl? So much for avoiding the "unclassy" parts of Vegas. And now they've invaded Utah! Blech.

Vail blog said...

Oh my freakin heck... I have get some air in between all this laughter. That is wrong on SO MANY levels! I could just imagine driving around with my 6 year old...who already shares his fathers sense of humor and having to explain to his what "those shiny things are" on that truck. So WRONG! Are we going to start deciding what sex our vehicles are now?! WOW people really are disturbing sometimes.

I am TOTALLY going to bust up laughing if someone you know has them and tried to defend them in the comment box...that would TOTALLY be my luck. Here is to hoping your luck is better than mine!...

Claire said...

I see them all the time here in AZ and I absolutely HATE them. So gross... I'm with you. What is someone thinking when they put them on their car?

shell said...

LOL! "truck nutz"

nuff said. just you having the guts to type that out made me laugh so hard.

Sarah Marie said...

That's SO funny that there's legislation to ban those dangling things. Ewww!!!! SO the gross. Yeah, I've thought the same thing-- what girl sees that and thinks "hot"!!!!. Disgusting.

but-eww- look at the ones in fresno!
http://jimaiemarie.blogspot.com/2008/02/you-know-you-live-in-fresno.html

BECKY said...

I've seen them too. All I can think is "What the." What freaks and idiots.

Summer said...

Seriously, what are they thinking? It is definitely gross, but I did laugh when I saw your blgo on it.

The Little Hiatt Family said...

LOL! Oh my!!!

lifeinredshoes said...

Brie first brought these to my attention. We think that the driver must be over compensating for, well, being under endowed! The vehicles are usually jacked up 6 feet and the drivers are sporting mullets! Maybe we should come up with chrome ovaries.

Lisa K said...

I've seen these on trucks, but not the chrome ones. I've seen them made out of some sort of nylon-y fabric so that they actually jiggle when the car moves.

The Smith Family said...

Ew. Thats all I have to say... Ew

cathycan said...

LOL, OVARIES!!! OMG!!!hahahahahahaI like it!!

Brittney Andy and Boston said...

I've only seen them made from rubber!

irunwithscissors said...

ugh! I know... I hate those things! Although I must say I have never seen them in chrome before... they usually look fleshy, and the fleshy ones a quite disturbing!

Lisa K said...

Shan, I was playing cards with your father-in-law tonight and I informed him that you are now my favorite Crawford. I think he thought it was weird that we are blogging buddies, or maybe he just didn't understand it all. But he was sad to be demoted from the position although he had placed himself in that spot. =)

shell said...

lisa when I read your comment about the nylon truck nutz I got really grossed out :) If I ever see one I don't know what I'd do.

Alyssa Bateman said...

LOL!! That is pretty darn hilarious! I would have had to snap a pic too! Thanks for the comment, and I'm excited to see where it takes me also. And yes, I am SOOO dying of spring fever, it is definitley time for school to be out! Although I don't really have any plans for the summer, I am just excited for it to finally be here. Your blog is awesome!:D