Sunday, March 30, 2008

{the best corn bread ever}

Since I've been sick all week, my diet has mainly consisted of soup, juice, and water. But now that I am finally feeling a little better, I'm starting to crave normal food- especially Z'Tejas Famous Corn Bread! Z'Tejas is a southwestern restaurant in Salt Lake and it's delicious! Well, my friends, today I found the recipe, and I feel the need to personally thank Fox 13 for posting this scrumptious recipe online, so that I may make this bread any ol' time I want!

Z'Tejas Famous Corn Bread
By Todd Gardiner, Executive Chef
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups corn meal
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cups plus 1 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cups plus 1 Tbs. cream corn
1/3 cups plus 1 Tbs. frozen corn
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
3 eggs
1/3 cups plus 1 Tbs. butter, melted
1/4 tsp. salt

Instructions:
Mix all dry ingredients together.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk all wet ingredients together.
Add dry ingredients to form batter.
Use small pre-heated skillet, spray with non-stick cooking spray and then fill with 9 oz of batter.
Bake at 375 degrees (convection oven) 400 degrees (conventional) for 16 minutes.
Rotate at 8 minutes.
Test using a toothpick in the center of the corn bread.
Toothpick should come out clean.

3 comments:

Claire said...

Oooh... that sounds so yummy! I might have to make some soon.

Kat said...

I do remember their bread being good- never thought about searching for the recipe- smart girl! Ps- hope you are outta this sick thing for good. It's been brutal this year!!

Jess said...

Love Z Tejas! MMM...that steak burrito! And the cornbread is the best! Glad you are feeling better!