Tuesday, March 11, 2008

{Ashley's Blog Challenge}

Ashley is hosting a very fun photo challenge! You can find the rules of the challenge here, but you must post embarrassing photos of yourself as a kid!
And now, for your viewing pleasure, I'd like to present "Little Shan"Here's the story behind this picture...I think I was about 2 or so (whatever the potty training age is), and my mom was trying to potty train me. One day, I didn't tell her I needed to go to the bathroom and pooped my pants- so she made me go upstairs and sit on the toilet. Well...she started vacuuming and forgot I was up there. I got tired of sitting and playing with the toilet paper, so I decided to take a nap. This is how my mom found me! (I promise she's a great mom!) Nothing's cozier than sleeping on a fuzzy toilet seat cover! As you can see, I was the epitome of a stylish kid in the late 80's- purple shoes, tie dyed pink shirt, side pony tail with a hot pink scrunchie- yes my friends, I was cool.

8 comments:

McCall said...

This is AWESOME!!! I may have to participate. ;)

FYI...i had to change my blog link. it is now...mccallandjared.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Oh man- the first picture is too cute! I can't believe you fell asleep!

And the second one- LOVE the 80s! You were pretty bitchin rad!

Ashley said...

hahahaha! Oooooh no! The story on the first photo made it sooo funny, but I have to say the 2nd one is my favorite! You're rockin that side pony! :) thanks for posting!

Jess said...

I totally knew you then!! Crazy! Almost as crazy as being linked years later through Katie's blog! :) Your blog is darling--I'm so glad you found me! We need to catch up sometime!

The Smith Family said...

Oh my gosh SO funny, I love the second picture. And I'm pretty sure EVERYONE has one. (as awful as they may be) I think I recall wearing stretch pants with black Sunday flats and a big pink T-shirt. YIKES.
Shelley

FoodFashionFetish said...

ha! that first pic is too cute! and the second pic bring's back memories from my elementary days. i'm so glad tie dye is out!

Aubrey said...

Oh heck yes! I LOVE THE 80's!!!!

BECKY said...

Oh I SO have one with my arm on my hip and the ladder... and unfortunately the Keds and folded socks too. Yikes!! :) I think we could have passed as twins.