Tuesday, February 26, 2008

{This one's for the gals}

The Founding Janes of Be Jane!
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I think every girl should be somewhat handy! If you don't already have your own basic tools (why borrow your man's tools when you'll have your own?) run down to your hardware store and buy something! IKEA even has a great, basic tool set for about $6! In my search for how-to projects, I came across the website Be Jane. As soon as I began reading, I heard choirs sing "hallelujah!" and the darkness in my living room lit up! I had found the website for me! Afterall, I'd consider myself a Jane of all trades, and this website is dedicated to all things handy! It's all about empowering your life! Want to know how to refinish your kitchen cabinets, take down wall paper, or even lay tile? Maybe you just want to become more organized! They've got you covered! So, seriously check it out!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Great link! I love stuff like this. I like to think of myself as "handy" too. :) Go girls!

You do have me beat on changing oil though.. that is one think I need to learn how to do.

Trysha said...

Great site! We refinished the cabinets in our old house before we sold it. What a PITA but so much cheaper than replacing them all!

One Christmas my parents gave me a power drill and EMT-Dad a bottle of wine. My dad said it was very appropiate. After seeing the job we did on the cabinets my dad said he was proud and it was one of the greatest feelings I've had.

I'm enjoying your blog very much. Linked from Ashley. :)