Tuesday, February 19, 2008

{This is where I get my craft on}

Project # 347....Organize craft area. If any of you out there are like me, then you make a million to do lists. I have about a thousand projects in my head and only a handful actually come to life! I've wanted a place for all of my crafty supplies for a long time, and when we moved in to our apartment, I placed my old desk/hutch in our dining room. I finally converted it into my little crafting area, and I'm very pleased with the results!
Because my hutch only has 4 small drawers, I bought a Rubbermaid drawer to fit more stuff in my area. They're not the most attractive thing, so I found this fabric at Walmart and sewed a cover for it. **If you want directions on how I did it, let me know and I'll send them to you!**

7 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Okay, I absolutely LOVE this cute hutch. What a creative idea! Even though I don't comment on your blog nearly as much as I would like to, I have to say that I LOVE reading about all your new creations and things. SO fun! I wish I could even ATTEMPT to sew. I wouldn't even know where to start. But you make some really cool stuff. So great! Well keep it up!
ps. I'm OBSESSED with the show "The Hills" I can't wait till next season. Lauren was on Regis and Kelly the other morning and I just LOVE her. She's so cute.
Shelley

Ashley Forrette said...

You are so creative! What a great idea. I really like the fabric you used. I have my grandmother's old sewing machine, I really need to bust that thing out.

I can't believe that happen to your ring!!! I'm glad you found the stones.

Ashley Forrette said...

I just got home from Chicago, and they were here! I love them sooo much! Thank you , thank you!!!

Aubrey said...

You're like some kind of super-hero with amazing creative super powers!

The Badgers said...

Shan! Seriously, I love it! Also, Turbo Jam is the answer, especially when you have someone to jam with. So after I have this baby and I am ready to JAM its ON baby!

Meesh said...

Will you come decorate my house for me? Seriously!

Rsweet said...

I found your blog via studio 5. I was browsing to see if you had any ideas on organizing and this post came up!
I was wondering if you would still be willing to send the directions on how to make the fabric cover for the Rubbermaid drawers?

I love your blog!