Sunday, February 24, 2008

{Tag! You're it!!!}

Holla! I've officially been tagged by Ashley! Here's how the game is played....
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules.
3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people.
Here goes...
1.) Old, antique dolls scare the living daylights out of me. When I was a little girl, my mom decorated my room with her old dolls. There was this old, naked baby doll that closed her eyes when you laid her down, and her hands were formed in a cupping shape to hold a bottle or something. She sat up high on a shelf, and one day my brother put a fake, plastic toy knife in one hand of the doll and put my barbie in the other hand, so it looked like the doll was holding barbie by the neck, threatening to kill her with a knife. I knew from that day forward that doll and others like her was out to get me. *shudder*

2.) Right before Andrew and I met, I lived in a funky little studio apartment in downtown Salt Lake City by myself. I loved it! There was crown molding all over the apartment, arched doorways, and the original french doors that lead to a quite rickety patio! Although it was hotter than heck in the summer (there was no a/c since it was built in the 20's), it was one of the best times of my life.

I took these pictures night before I started packing to move out. I wish I would have taken more....

The area where the shelves are used to be a Murphy bed, but they converted it into a little desk w/ shelves. I put my bed in front of the desk.

3.) I smile at myself in the mirror. I don't know why...maybe I'm practicing my smile, or I want to see what I look like as I smile...kinda weird huh? I've caught my brother Ty doing it too a few times- it must be a family trait!

4.) I love gardens & gardening. I get this from my mom. She has done an amazing job with her yard! I look forward to spring and summer every year to spend time in her garden! Someday I hope my back yard looks like this...(I saw the picture in a magazine). Isn't that shed sooo cute?

5.) I love being handy- I have my own set of tools, air compressor, and drill. I love using my hands to make or fix things. Andrew taught me how to change the oil on my car recently- yes that would be a picture of me, laying on the concrete in the middle of winter! I think every girl should know a thing or two about car maintenance!

6.) I secretly wish I were a funky, bad ass chick in a rock band. My little brother Steve is in a band called After Midnight, and I envy all the band members when we go to his shows. To make up for my lack of stardom, I sing in my car...not just sing, I rock out and I don't care who's watching. My current fav to rock out to is Paramore.

Yes, that would be me, with firey red hair to match my firey, hard rock soul! Oh, and my band mates would also have funky hairstyles, and probably use lots of product because that's what rock stars do!

I tag: Lindsey, Barry, Aubrey, Shelley, Brittney, & Cam

7 comments:

Brittney Andy and Boston said...

I wanted a counter at the bottom of the page just to see how many hits I got. A site I read called tales from labor and delivery has one. YOu can find the link on Claire's blog, believe me it worth a look, I just found it last week and I've read every post!
I have no computer skills at all and I haven't figured out how to do that yet. So i went to the help section on the blogger dashboard and just typed in hit counter. It has an aricle on it and some suggested sites to attach it. It is much the same as adding the music,(btw how did you like my music post?) The one I did is from Google, I just go to my account there and it tells me total hits, total unique people hitting it, bounce rate, loyalty rate, so on and so forth. It's really a marketing tool for business' to see how well their sites are being used. But whatever. If you figure out how just do a ticker at the bottom let me know.

Brandon and Michelle Day said...

You are a sport, I have seen many of these tag things and I never do them. You can be a rocker chick while you smile in the mirror.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED your room when you were little!! Also loved the funky studio, and I love you, you secret rocker chick,you!! mamalu

Kat said...

Ok, it's really weird, but I find myself either 1: totally identifying with you AND laughing hysterically. Where have you been all my life? :)
Your old place is darling. I love it.
Oh yes, the link you asked for-

http://shabbycreations.blogspot.com

The Badgers said...

Interesting. That was a fun tag! Some of them are not so fun.

Ashley said...

I love that you posted photos with this too! I secretly love looking into people apartments and homes, your old place was adorable!

I would totally be that girl from Paramore too! I wish I could pull off hair like that. :)

Scott and Lindsey said...

Hey,
Thanks so much for the music tips. I went and did it right away. It is always more fun to have some personal expression. Also, I was wondering if I'm the Lindsey being tagged? I'm sure you have multiple friends named Lindsey and I didn't want to assume :)
Also, I was looking deeper in your blog and realized I might have put my foot in my mouth with my last comment. So if you were wondering if my scanning photos comment had anything to do with your wedding pictures on your blog they didn't. Oops! I totally don't a problem with people using pictures for their blogs or whatever and besides you gave me total props. Anyway, you might not have been thinking that at all, but I just wanted to make sure you knew that wasn't my subtle way of hinting.
It has been fun to keep up with all your doings!
Lindsey