Sunday, February 17, 2008

{One of these rings is not like the other}


I don't even know how to start this post. I had a MAJOR panic attack tonight and freaked out. If you couldn't tell the difference between the two pictures, look a little closer. Two of my diamond settings fell out of my ring tonight. Yes, you read that correctly...they just fell out. Andrew and I had been over at his parents house visiting family from out of town and stopped by my parents house on our way home. Right before we left, my mom called me down to the basement to look at something on the computer. All of the sudden she said, "Shan, what happened to your ring?!" To my horror, I looked down and saw only what I've had nightmares about...there was a hole where two diamonds should have been. I screamed, almost fainted, and started crying and freaking out. I dropped to my knees and frantically started looking for them. LUCKILY, my mom found them on the carpet. I can't tell you how blessed I feel to have found them! The ring is insured, and will be fixed, but it's still sad and scary! Hopefully the third time will be the charm! We had my ring custom made, and it's been redone twice...so wish me luck!

4 comments:

Brittney Andy and Boston said...

That really is scary, I had the same problem with my ring a couple of times. Even though I knew they would fix it (I never found my missing stones) it still broke my heart.
Also, I really love your entire play list. I could just use your site as background music.

The Fooze said...

I thought you had fallen down the stairs or something. I just heard you freaking out downstairs. I'm glad you found the missing part though!

JJ, Mands, and Lil said...

Okay Freak out! Seriously Freek out. I once lost my ring, at the big intermural field in Provo. I had taken it off to play flag football and came back after the game to look in my purse to not find it. We had like 20 people on their hands and knees looking through the grass. I was totally feeling the same way you were feeling. Ahhhh, just the memories make me hurt. Everyone was looking so hard and then one of the guys yells out, " I found it." It was in the middle of a grassy football field. Scary! So glad you found the diamonds.

Megan & Aaron Hilton said...

I am so glad that you found your diamonds to your ring. I hope this is your last time getting it fixed. Your valentine's looked like a lot of fun. Have a fun week!