Sunday, February 10, 2008

{I love pie}

If you know me, then you'll know I'm a huge fan of pie! I have actually requested a pie for my birthday instead of a cake- now that my friends, is a true pie lover! Today I decided to make a pie for dessert since we were invited to eat dinner at my parents house. I originally had planned to make the crust and pie from "The Joy of Cooking" cook book, since I hadn't really used that one yet, but there are no pictures in that particular cook book. You're right, I sound like a 5 year old when I say that, but hey, I like cooking something I can see a picture of before I cook it so I know what its supposed to look like (in case I mess up...)! As I was browsing through the cook book, wishing I had a picture to look at, I remembered my blog buddy Ashley and her Perfect Dutch Apple Pie recipe she posted last month, so I decided to give it a try! I decided instead of a crumb top, I would just use the rest of the crust as a cover it it turned out FABULOUS! Thanks Ashley!!! The rest of you readers will all have to try it as well!


7 comments:

The Badgers said...

What?! Pie over cake?! That is like choosing Screech from "Saved by the Bell" Over Zack Morris! Sure Screech is a nice guy but you only want him around once in a while. Zack on the other hand, what isn't there to love?

Megan & Aaron Hilton said...

Hey it is such a small world. Of course I remember who you guys are. I love your blog, you are so creative it is amazing. Your pie looks so yummy. Life is great with Aaron and I, how about you? Ya we hang out with Jed and Missy all the time. We should all get together and catch up. I will be a frequent viewer of your blog, I love it. Also your Jewelry is amazing, good for you!

Megan & Aaron Hilton said...

I love your blog, it is such a small world. I am glad that you found my blog. I just love all your craft projects, you are so talented.
Aaron and I are doing great we have been married just over a year, it flies by. How are you? We need to get together and catch up. We hang out with Jed and Missy all the time. I will be a frequent visitor of your blog. Have a great week!

Gavin, Laura, and Sydney said...

Your pie looks delish! I wish I could bake.... hmmm.... Oh- and YES, we DO need to get together while I'm in Utah. We'll be in touch!

Ashley Forrette said...

mmmm. I love pie too. I think I'm going to make a blueberry one tonight. I'm glad you liked the recipe! :)

Aubrey said...

How do you do it? You're so amazing!

Ashley Forrette said...

You're so sweet! We are off to chicago for the weekend, but when I return I promise I will post my famous blueberry pie recipe! You'll love it. Can't wait for my earrings! :) happy v-day.