Wednesday, February 27, 2008

{I dun need a educashun!}


Allow me to step up on my soapbox for a moment......I saw this article online today and needless to say, it REALLY disturbed me. I wish it were a joke, but sadly, I don't think it is. The image above is small, so click HERE to read it. Sadly, I see this train of thought in a lot of young women these days. They think they will marry a rich man, and after they are married, all they will need to do is sit back, as someone paints their nails, while they take a break from their shopping spree. All I can say is this girl has got HARSH reality coming! I just hope that if and when she does need to have a "back up plan" her daycare business will support her lavish lifestyle.

Now, before you start ranting and raving about how women should be able to stay at home, know this- I do think it's okay for women to stay home and raise a family, if that is what you desire. However, whether you stay at home or not, I still STRONGLY believe you should have an education under your belt. You never know which way the wind will blow- your spouse could die, become ill and unable to work, or you may even get a divorce. My point is, having an education, whether it be a 4 year degree or a certificate in something will serve you well in the long run. I cherish my college days! Had I not had that opportunity to learn new skills, make lifelong friends, and find myself, I know that I would have looked back and regretted my decision.

Okay, I'm stepping off of my soapbox. I hope I haven't offended anyone. My last and final thought is this: Being a woman is awesome! Take advantage of the opportunities out there, and better yourself in every way possible!


12 comments:

Claire said...

Oh my gosh! Where did you find that? What kind of paper would print that? Even a high school paper has no excuse for printing such poor writing. And don't even get me started on the topic of her "writing".

Summer said...

I just want to say that I totally agree with you. When I first started reading the article I thought it was a joke. I don't want to be mean, but this writer could definitely use a lot more schooling.

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Hey thank you so much for your nice comment you left me, it means alot to me. Thanks for your support and prayers. Your so sweet!

Sarah Marie said...

Hi again! Yay for blogging buddies! Thanks for your comment- I will def. be keeping in touch.

Your blog looks like it could provide a lot of entertainment when I'm procrastinating at work. Like now- oops! I guess I better go and start writing actual articles rather than blog comments!

But about this posting-- I recently saw that article online and I seriously hope that it's a joke. That girl just set back womens' rights a couple of years with her ridiculous article. Ugh! It makes me sick. I love how see thinks it's "OK" for girls to go to beauty school, I mean-- if a woman is absolutely crazy and has to go to a college of some type. Nothing against beauty school but it's amusing that she's so stereotyping jobs that are alright for females.

Anyway, hope you're having a great Wacky Wednesday!

Brittney Andy and Boston said...

OH MY GOSH, I am stunned. Where was this printed? When I was the editor in JUNIOR HIGH this would have been to poor to pubish. It just needs a couple of likes and umms to really be over the top. She is an idiot, her parents should be ashamed. I am very offended by her reference to beauty school. That is college, it is an education, it has to be accredited just like any other college, hence the name of my school Evans Hairstyling COLLEGE. She acts like it is just a hobby, you need options, well if options means working your guts out on your feet all day learning chemistry and anatomy and having to get continuing education every single year then she should hop to it. Oh I'm so angry I can't even see straight. Little Twit.

FoodFashionFetish said...

wow! i can't tell if that girl is being sarcastic or not but if she is, that's crazy. thanks for sharing!

Aubrey said...

This girl needs a kick in the pants and a 2x4 to the head!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Hey I would love to go to dinner sometime. Call me! Thanks.

Bethany said...

Hello. I found your through Shelley Smith. I just have to say thank you for this post. That is most definitely one of my soapboxes as well. So, AMEN!

Barry said...

This poor girl was obviously born into an environment lacking education. Look at her name. Lynzee? Her parents probably didn't know how to spell correctly and thus resorted to sounding out the poor girls name phonetically.

"Yep, honey. Me is almost positive that her name over yonder is spelled with a zee."

"Gee Bryuhn, you's is so smart!"

McCall said...

This is TOO funny...and kinda sad. Ha. I gotta show Jared. He'll get a kick out of it. Speaking of Jared....I'm TAGGING you!

The RULES: Go to my page and copy the "My Man" survey and fill it out all about the guy in your life. ;) Can't wait to learn more about him!

Then tag 5 girls you wanna learn more about.
Have fun!!!!

Lisa Kendrick said...

Is it just me or does the author of that article look like Rachael Ray?